Friday, February 29, 2008

I have a thing for Trolleys

Lately, I've been watching the show, Grey's Anatomy. Probably because Patrick Dempsey is in it, and I think he's very attractive. Get over it. He is. Anyway. There's this part where he's telling Meredith, another one of the characters in the show that he "has a thing for ferry boats." I also love ferry boats. But also...I think I actually have more of a thing for trolleys. Weird. Maybe it started with watching Mister Rogers show on t.v. when I was little...but...I've always loved those rolling hills of San Francisco. And the trolleys that run up and down them. I remember the first time I actually rode on one. I was 23. I think it was more the fact I was riding a trolley in San Francisco on Spring Break with some great friends that made me fall in love with them initially. Someday, I still want to live in a coastal town with trolleys that run every day. And ferrys. If I lived somewhere they were a part of life, I would probably take a ride on them whenever I felt sad or happy or frustrated or on top of the world. But there's just something quaint about Trolleys. I offically have a thing for Trolleys.

No comments: