
Once upon a time, I finally graduated from college. Yep. It really happened. And then I experienced the pleasure of job-hunting. Now, I hate job-hunting to begin with. It's a nasty, nasty process, and I shun it. However, some things don't just disappear if you ignore them. The fact I needed a real job with actual benefits was...well...painfully evident. I no longer could glide along in my care-free college existence, taking whatever jobs would fit in with my school schedule. (If my poor college-student self could see my haughty future self describing my college existence as "carefree," I'm not sure I'd be here today.) Lucky for me, I've never perfected the art of time travel. :)
I stepped out into the cold, cruel world of job searching "for keeps" with a grim determination that there had to be something out there for all the hard work I'd done to get that piece of paper called a degree.
After months of searching, I finally succeeded. I got a job. WITH benefits, thank you very much! :)
I never thought I'd actually have a job I loved. Who knew you could enjoy every second of every day at your job?! I sure didn't know it! But I do now! I have the greatest co-workers on the planet, and every single day, something happens at work that makes me laugh my head off. I learn something new every day. I get to incorporate the gospel into my workday. Every single day.
And they even let me decorate my own office. Suckers. :) But I did find some real gems...I also made my own temporary name plate for the first month or so. A very fitting picture, if I do say so myself! (Note the nicely dated pictures of John Schmidt, Barbara Barrington Jones, Voice Male, and Vocal Point. There's a post-it note heart around Kenneth Cope. I just found out that's actually who it is! Lol. I love Voice Male in their early 90s plaid and vests...then there's always good old "Justin" at the bottom with his very attractive mullett...*sigh*...)
1 comment:
Yeah for more blogs! I love seeing other people's blogs and seeing what they are up to. Good to hear from you Dee!
Check out our blog at:
tannersrus.blogspot.com
This is Camille Goodrich, FYI.
Post a Comment