I think I'm cheating on my current place of residence. If it's possible to give your heart to a place, I did that a long time ago. I'm in love with Logan. Utah. Logan, Utah. Cache Valley. I. love. it.
I've been living in Provo for just over 3 months now, so I suppose people might try to argue the whole "you haven't given it a fair shot" crap. Whatever. They don't know. Cache Valley trumps happy valley a million times over.
Be quiet, Provo lovers. This is MY blog! :)
There's just something about the Wellsville mountains that makes me feel so safe. I love first and second dam. I love that trail next to the water that's perfect for running, especially in the spring or the fall. I love that bridge at second dam. And I love coming out of Sardine Canyon around that bend when you first see all of Cache Valley spread out in front of you, enclosed all around by mountains, and the Logan Temple just seems to stand out in the middle of it all. Then, at night, when "A" on top of Old Main is lit up in blue...*happy sigh of contentment*... :)
Anyway. I went up there this weekend to see a show my friends were doing. Aubs, Dani, Jess, and I met up at USU forever ago. I love them. If people only understood how funny we all are, I think the world would be a much better place. :)
Aubs and I left Provo at about 11 pm on Friday night and drove, drove, drove for the next 2 hours or so to the snowy heaven-on-earth. One of the things I love most about Aubs is her great taste in tunes. I love a lot of other really great things about Aubrey. Like how funny she is. But the tunes made the roadtrip. :) AND, I introduced her to the great art of fortune telling/getting answers to all of your questions by using your ipod. It's basically the best roadtrip game ever. Besides the sentence/picture game. That's pure gold. :) If you want instructions to our fantastic ipod game, you'll have to go to Aubrey's blog.
We stayed at Aubrey's parents house that night...it always amazes me how BEAUTIFUL Cache Valley is; even in the winter. There's so much snow! It's all over every branch of every tree, and there are so many fields just laying underneath piles and piles and piles of untouched snow...*sigh*...seriously the most beautiful cold place on earth!
The next morning, we had a really funny conversation the next morning with our friend, Dave, as we were hurrying to get ready. Randomly, the topic of men wearing makeup in Asia came up. Actually, it wasn't random. Dave brought it up. Weird, Dave. Weird. :) Then, Aubrey, the ever open-minded one, said it's just like when women started wearing pants. The whole socially unacceptable thing. I just looked at her and said, "Aubrey. That is NOT the same thing." We all laughed. Because it was funny. Ahem. Anyway. And then Aubs kept trying to defend the men and makeup issue by telling me rockstars wear eyeliner. I didn't care. I told her it didn't make me want them anymore than usual just because they decided to wear eyeliner. And that it should be more about their great voice or great music instead of their gross eyeliner. Lol. Then Dave pipes up and says,
"Yeah, does he sing out of his EYES?!"
I don't think I've laughed harder about anything in a really hard time!! And then Aubrey got mad and started saying how much she hated everything and everyone. She does that. Heheh. Then she recognized her need to stop hating everything...(meanwhile, we're all still laughing intermittently)...and Dave made a comment about hate being just as dangerous/addicting as cigarettes. Except for the lung problems. She kept ranting about hatred. Then I asked her if we were going to have to get her a hate patch.
She thinks I'm funny. It's true.
I wish I had the energy to put more effort into helping you understand how funny that morning conversation was. But I'm a little tired from all of this fun. :)
The next funny thing happened that day. Aubs, Dani, and our friend/one of my old roommates, Michelle, were rehearsing the show they were doing that night. So I borrowed Aubrey's car to go run errands. I went and got my hair cut and picked up a few things...but the haircut took a long time, and I was running a little too late to drive all the way back to Aubs' parent's house to get changed into nice clothing (since this was a very nice dinner/event.) I had a dress I could change into, but no shoes and no nylons. Boo. I need a hate patch to deal with my hatred of nylons. WORST invention EVER. Anyway. SOMEHOW, I set off the car alarm for Aubs'
car when I got out of it to get some shoes. I have NO idea how I did it, and and NO idea how to turn it off!!!! AH!!!! It was extremely funny, but also embarrassing to the point I started to sweat and get nervous. Lol. This happened not once, but TWICE. TWICE!!! I just had to get in the car both times and drive away in the car whose alarm was STILL blaring! Eventually, about 6 blocks later, and many angry glares from drivers passing by, it stopped. For about 3 seconds. And then it started up again!
car when I got out of it to get some shoes. I have NO idea how I did it, and and NO idea how to turn it off!!!! AH!!!! It was extremely funny, but also embarrassing to the point I started to sweat and get nervous. Lol. This happened not once, but TWICE. TWICE!!! I just had to get in the car both times and drive away in the car whose alarm was STILL blaring! Eventually, about 6 blocks later, and many angry glares from drivers passing by, it stopped. For about 3 seconds. And then it started up again! I hate car alarms. Someday when I get a new car...(for those of you who have had any kind of contact with my car...you know.) it will NOT have a car alarm! :) At least it's funny now!
There were loads of other funny things that happened this weekend...including a time when I told a story of my friends who have what we like to call a "singing dog." However, when I told this story to my dear, dear friend Dani, she flat-out called me a liar!!! (Okay. So dogs can't hear pitch. Big fatty DEAL.) :) We laughed and laughed about it. *happy sigh*
P.S. I'm not a liar. That dog really can sing along. I've heard it. And I'll stand by that fact until my dying DAY, Danz!!! :)
2 comments:
I too am in love with Cache Valley. We should all move back.
I'm so with you on that one. I love Cache Valley, too. I don't want to end up any where else. Who can honestly say that about Provo? Come on! haha
Post a Comment