
I have this friend. He's perfectly normal and good. Except for this one thing. He has a very intense fear/hatred of Peeps. Yes, Peeps. Small, sugar-covered marshmallow "chicks." He hates them. Not as in he hates how they taste or how bad they are for you. He hates THEM. I found this out one da

y two summers ago...summer of 2006 when we worked together at EFY. We were playing our team's favorite game, the "M&M game." Certain colors of the m&ms mean you tell something specific about yourself. Blue means a sad story from your life, orange is embarrassing moments, yellow is happy, green is romantic, so on and so fort. (The brown ones are a free pass. You get to eat your M&M.) Anyway. We spent hours over the course of the summer playing this game while the kids were in class (I know. Bad.). But we got to know each other even better over the course of the summer because of the M&Ms. :) I don't remember what color brought this particular moment from Shane's life to memory, but nevertheless; it changed all our lives. Shane has this OCD thing involving Peeps. Whenever he sees them, no matter where they are, no matter where he is, Shane MUST take his finger and smash/poke each Peep in sight. One smash to the box is not enough. He must destroy each and every innocent little sugar-covered marshmallow who dares to take the form of a small chick. (However, we have found this Peep problem extends even to the halloween ghost peeps, the christmas tree peeps, so on and so forth. Seriously.) I LOVE THIS THING ABOUT SHANE. The poor boy actually has

to avoid the seasonal aisle in the store this time of year. He'd smash every peep in sight if he saw them. Either that, or he'd run away screaming...but still with this intense need and desire to smash the marsmallows. He can't explain it. I can't explain it. But it's seriously the funniest thing I have ever known about anyone, and ONE of my greatest sources of joy at this time of year. :) Some of us may or may not have taken a special trip all the way to Rexburg, ID last year just to bring him boxes of Peeps. He had no idea what was coming. :) I can't even write this without snickering to myself every few seconds or so. So this is dedicated to you, Shane. This may be my blog, but this is from all of us in team DeeShaBenKelIs. Happy Easter, Shane. Happy, Happy Easter. :)
1 comment:
DeeAura.................................................................................................................................................... I don't know what to say. For anyone reading this. Don't believe a word that she is saying. I love peeps and they love me. Woot Woot. :)
Post a Comment