Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sunny Days and Red Rock Nights


We'd had enough. Enough of life. Enough of boys. Enough of the snow. Enough of Provo. So we left. We hit the road, Jack. :) And what a glorious, sunny road it was!

It was a trip to clear our heads, get away from reality, and seek out the sunlight. We may or may not have banned our cell phones to the trunk. And then, when we got to destination St. George, we put them all in a drawer in the hotel room. I think it was the greatest idea ever!! I'd forgotten how GOOD that felt! freedom, FrEeDoM, FREEEEDOM!!!! We found "free" restrooms along the way, and then...to greet us after our free experience, there was the tallest, greenest porcelain doll. Just sitting there in the gas station, of all places. Random. :) There were music video opportunities in the parking lot, with red rock in the background, more seafood than any of us have ever eaten in one sitting, and Sunglasses. Yes, that's capitalized. Because it's that important. The sunglasses were worn during dinner. Almost the entire time. It was an important part of our star disguise. Jess did it best with her hat/aviator combo, though. Props, Jess. Props. I think our waitress thought we were...strange, to say the least. :) But we didn't care! We never even knew what time it was! Why?! Because...who said we had a schedule?! We could be anywhere, anytime we wanted to be there! Let freedom ring.
I think the most important part of the roadtrip was on the way back. Well - not the most important in the sense that nothing else we did was of any value. There were some PRICELESS times to be had at Red Lobster. And singing the same two songs over and over as we took over the hotel's hot tub. And when Dani couldn't decide between Noah Calhoun and Lon Hammond Jr. Dani. In essence, they are both good options. Filthy rich with beautiful jawline, or intense love-fights. You take your pick. Anyway. On the way back, we played "build-a-man." Yes, this is a real game. It's where you think back on every boy you've ever dated or loved, or been friends with, and despite all the bad things, you put together all those important qualities you've gathered from them over the years, and...well...you build-a-man. Lol. At first, it was funny. But then it made me think. Darn thinking. I love friends who make me take a serious look at my life, and make sure I become better for it all.

I can't wait for spring. :) Here's to great friends and the open road. :)

2 comments:

marni said...

yeah! i'm so glad you found me!! and don't worry. i've found a lot of other people the same way. they probably don't even know about it. :)
you're so lucky that you got to take a little "trip". i wish i could pick up and leave like that, especially to hawaii or somewhere tropical. i hate snow and cold and still wonder why i live where i do.
i'm so excited that you found me! i love finding out what people are doing these days!
talk to you later!

Callister said...

What the crap, you have a blog too? Oh good, me too. :) I'm adding you because you're my friend on every other social webpage avenue. I love your bright smiling face.

Love Nicole