Friday, March 14, 2008

The "happiest ending" door that leads to the rest of your life...

I love love. And by that, I mean while I myself may not be currently in love, I love it when people I love find love. Don't you worry...I'll stop using the word love all the time here in a second. But I love it whenever any of my friends get married. It's so neat to have gone through so much with them before they were married and know all the things they've gone through...to then finally see them find that one person that just fits them. I love it. :)


My good friend and roommate from last year got married this past week to the most perfect fit for her. They're super together. She went on a study abroad program a few summers ago to Switzerland, and actually met him there. He was serving a mission there at the time, so the interaction was very brief. But after he got home from his mission, they ran into each other again at Utah State, and it's basically history from there. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

I had the privilege of being able to attend the temple with them and be there for their special day, and I don't even know if I can describe how incredibly beautiful and wonderful it was to witness that with them. She is the first friend I have been able to attend the temple with for her wedding, and it was an experience I will never forget. I have always, without question, wanted to get married in the temple, but especially after being there with them this past week, I've felt like I'm walking a little taller and I've felt happier...and I wasn't even the one getting married! Haha. :) I'm so grateful for incredible friends like Nicole...there are so many...who have set that kind of example not only in marriage, but in living life. Cali, Kara, Meagan, Amanda...the list could seriously go on and on. I am just excited for when that day comes for all the rest of my incredible friends as well as for me. There's a right time, a right person, and a right place for everyone.

Like I said. I love love. The real kind. :)

3 comments:

Cali said...

Cute post Dee. They are super cute, and I'm glad you got to witness the marriage. I can't wait for you to have the same thing. It is all that you say.. plus some!

AND.. thank you.. the blog looks much better now. (Dont tell the person whose pictures you removed for mine that I said anything!) I'll have you know that should I choose to put ANY friends on my blog like that, you would have been there... and maybe you still will be. But let's face it.. we need some new pictures?? Yeah.. we'll work on that. Won't we?

Jay and Heath said...

Hey girl! I just saw you on Lars' blog... so now I'm going to stock ya. :) So I just rented the 5th season of Alias... I never finished watching it, so I'm pretty excited. But it sure reminds me of that year we all watched them like crazy, and of course our fantastic Alias costumes! :) Take care, Heather

Nicole Anderson said...

Thanks Dee! What a beautiful post for a beautiful day! I was so grateful you were able to be there not only for the ceremony, but when I went through for the first time. I LOVE YOU with all my heart and I can't WAIT for you to have the same opportunity! OH.. and don't be too jealous, but we did a session in San Diego... BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE YOU GIRL!!!