Monday, February 27, 2012

Most assuredly needs a nap.

Someday, I will get enough sleep at night again, and this will enable me to think clearly enough to organize my thoughts into cohesive, blog-worthy sentences. Because a good blog is necessary? I don't know. Whatever.

Until then, I shall dazzle you with my wit and accomplishments.

My 6 a.m. bench press is slightly more impressive than before. I say slightly because it was already impressive, of course, but I think much of the improvement comes from the fact I actually get up before dawn to do such a thing whereas before I did not. Anything one does before dawn is likely to be more impressive than at any other time of day. ...apart from eating a pan full of brownies, of course.

I almost have the Durufle Requiem (that's just my current favorite movement) memorized for the chorale concert in April. Almost. 

I finally went grocery shopping.

I discovered I desperately want a Kinect. 

I think blondes should not have giant black eyebrows unless that's really what happens to grow out of their face. 

I laughed out loud, twice, at the Oscars last night. I find this impressive especially considering I only watched them for about 20 minutes. Chris Rock made me snicker for at least a good 3 minutes afterward. And Robert Downey Jr...is so hot, and he knows it. I find this equal parts obnoxious and fantastic. I'd watch his narcissistic documentary, much to my probable dismay. I adore Christopher Plummer. Angelina Jolie is just weird. Billy Crystal is boring, not funny. Cirque du soleil was cool. Meryl Streep is so freaking fantastic. 


Uh...I'm much nicer than I used to be. But I still say stupid stuff in the out-loud fashion I'm desperately trying to avoid in my quest to practice the art of "just because it's true doesn't mean you should say it."

This confession probably doesn't negate my blonde comment.

For the record: my bed is my favorite material possession, though it comes in close contest with my snowboard. If it wasn't weird and fairly unwarranted, I'd take a picture of it and frame it and...I don't know...find some other way to show my gratitude for it. I don't know how or why that shows my love and devotion for a mattress, or why that's a thing I should write, but I did say something about my inability to form cohesive sentences lately, right? Somewhere at the beginning of this post? I just think this is probably how people feel about someone they love...can't wait to see them again, don't want to leave them...my sentiments exactly.

I have nothing else to say about any of this. 

Because I need a nap.

I shall write whatever portion of a sentence I please. 

It's such a good thing I posted today. Lives were changed.

1 comment:

Jenn Johnson said...

So EARLY!!! Oh man, no wonder you are the awesomest. Really, I'm impressed with your workout time. And improvements. :)
I think your bed deserves some kind of altar or something with candles surrounding it. Or is that weird...
Anyway. Yer funnay. :)