Friday, February 3, 2012

I want to speak to your Supervisor.

Once upon a time, I took a new job as a supervisor for a phone center at BYU. Sounds like a terrible job, maybe, but in the middle of the crazy of some days, there are HILARIOUS moments. Also, there are about 30 students who work there, and they make me laugh pretty much every day. I wish I could record some of these things.
Artistic credit goes to Chris, the happiest phone agent I've ever met. bahahha...

But here's my recent favorite work moment:

Caller: (who has been angry and complaining to agent for over an HOUR because they're not getting what they want, in spite of the patient agent doing their very best to help and calm her down.) I want to speak to your supervisor.
Agent: I'd be happy to transfer you over.
Caller: Wait. What's your name?
Agent: gives first name
Caller: What's your last name?
Agent: I'd rather not give that to you.
Caller: Fine. Now what's your supervisor's name?
Agent: DeeAura.
Caller: DeeAura? No. I don't want a student, I want an adult; a full-time person. Your supervisor.
Agent: I realize that, ma'am. Her name is DeeAura.
Caller: DeeAura? Really? Her name is DeeAura?
Agent: YES, ma'am. Her name is DeeAura.
Caller: And she's your full-time supervisor.
Agent: YES.
Caller: Fine. Put me through.

Let's keep in mind, I can hear this entire conversation. I'm sitting right behind the agent. Let's just say my desire to talk to this woman was STRONG. I was also struggling not to laugh. HARD.


WOW! 
Lemmee at 'er.

HEY, LADY. Exactly WHAT is your problem with my name?! Would it make you feel better if he said my name was Nancy? Or, I don't know...Barbara, perhaps? I'm sorry my name doesn't inspire confidence in egotistical maniacs. But I digress, exactly how can I help you today? Because, in spite of your blatant ignorance and erroneous accusations, I actually am willing to help you. IGNORAMOUS.

Mehehehe...I sort of love knowing somewhere out there is a lady completely frustrated because my NAME isn't good enough for her. :)

Hahahaha....oh, the things we choose to ruin our days....hahahha...I'm sorry, I still think it's funny. :)

Once again: Chris gets all the credit.
Even with all that, though? I still love what changing my job has done for my life. Thank goodness for change. And thank goodness for 30+ undergrads with a sense of humor. :)

9 comments:

Carla said...

oh the crazies that call in... reminds me of some really interesting calls at verizon. I'm glad you like your new job!

Unknown said...

I totally know how you feel. I worked at a call center for almost 4 years and my name is Cerani (Sear-uh-knee) Needless to say... I was called Tyranny, Candy, Jenny, Cindy, etc. It amazes me how saying "Elite Security, this is Cerani. How may I help you?" somehow translates over the phone as "Hi... My name is Candy. I'm probably a stripper also. Please be a complete jerk to me." lol Glad you too find joy in how ridiculous people can be :)

Chelle said...

Haha! Because if there were to be someone named DeeAura, SURELY that person would be a teenager. And would also STAY a teenager. Always.

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

Phyllis. Phyllis would have been an appropriate name.

Do you think that people ever thought that when they spoke to me and my name is Lindsay? I mean, sure there is Wonder Woman, but the most well known Lindsay at the time was Lohan. At least your name is just unique and not ruined by a headlining idiot.

Thanks for the laugh, by the way.

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

P.S. The first time I read it through, I thought it said "An adult. A full-sized person." I started laughing...sorry, that was a dig at your height, Miss Snack Sized.

Crystal Kelly said...

hahahah!!! Awesome! Love it. Well, if it makes you feel any better, when ever there is a dead stripper or prostitute on TV shows, her name is FREQUENTLY Crystal... I've got a bright future ahead of me for sure!! ha!! love you!

Mindy said...

I always thought you looked like a Nancy ... :)

Jordyn said...

Bwahaha...Continuing Education will alllllways have the best (i.e. WORST) callers. ALWAYS.

Alyssa and James said...

Just for the record I like your name :)