I think I've listened to this song all day long.
Okay, that's a lie. I took a break for lunch, and I've gone to a few meetings throughout the day. I didn't listen to it then.
But otherwise, I was probably listening to it.
I'll probably be sick of it tomorrow but then again, maybe not. :)
Oh. Haha, and for those dear friends I accidentally tricked into thinking those roses were from someone other than my dear kind thoughtful friends, Adam and Brooke Watson, I apologize.
Still holding out for that imperfect hero, kids. Still holding out. (And happy to do it, fyi.)
Two dear friends got engaged to each other last night, and I couldn't be happier for them. I love seeing people I love really build something worth keeping forever. These two have definitely done that.
And I usually shy away from writing this kind of stuff on the 'ol blog because - oh, you know...people can misinterpret all over the place. That's okay. But I just wanna say it because it was a happy milestone for me.
A boy I dated once upon a time just got engaged recently as well. When I found out, I think even I was surprised by my joy for him and his pretty future wife. He has no way of knowing I'm happy for him because we haven't talked in a long time. It might seem weird to write that here, let alone to think it in the first place; especially considering how broken my heart was when we went our separate ways.
But I think one of the many lessons I learned from that whole expanse of dating experience was that no matter how much you might think your heart is broken, no matter who broke it or how they broke it, there is always going to be a way to move past it all. I don't mean you'll just leave it in sad boxes buried along the way, but there's something beautifully freeing to be said for finally being able to really let go of what hurts you. It feels so much better than holding onto anything ever will.
I even wonder if someday when we can see beyond this life, our appreciation for all those we thought broke our hearts or hurt us in any way might surprise us. I think I kind of hope for that.
Recently I've found I've been able to apply that lesson to another part of my life. Forgiveness is such a gift. I don't think I realized how much love I could feel just by working on understanding someone else other than myself and my own feelings. That somehow...working to understand someone else helped me understand myself.
That might seem like just a few words in black and white, and it may not mean much to someone else.
But learning all of that means the world to me, and it has changed my whole world.
And yeah, I'm still listening to that song. ;)

2 comments:
Why didn't Adam and Brooke send MEEE flowers??
You're so deep, and insightful, and I love your shared life lessons.
Also, I can't stop smiling about Erik and Aubrey! I totally agree with you, and feeling happy for friends who fight for those things worth fighting for... It's great.
Post a Comment