Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The one where I make lists and summarize stuff.


Such a great week so far...

I was fantastically serenaded in the car on the way home from FHE. I will never hear "Oh what a beautiful morning" (It's his 4 a.m. work warm-up song, of course) or "Heavens Eyes" (his Sunday warm-up song...) in quite the same way ever again. Truly a masterful performance. I also cried laugh tears the whole time. Best idea ever.


(Let's just take a second to ponder how much we love Brian Stokes Mitchell's fantastic voice. Gah.)

I also watched a group of men enjoy The Bachelor more than I ever have. (With the exception of this highly entertaining review by a favorite blogger of mine.) I just can't stomach it this time around. It might be because the bachelor himself is a total dog (woof) and I can't stand anything about him. At all. Watching these guys watch it, though? PRICELESS. 

Tuesday was my favorite. My mom came down and we spent the whole day together. Pedicures, shopping, the works. Did I go to work that day? Why no, I did not. :) Did it feel great? Absolutely!

Valentines Day, single or not, is a good day. I even had rehearsal last night and it didn't bother me at all. (Though...I have to admit. All I wanted to do for Valentines day last year? SHOOT STUFF. And guess what? NO ONE would go shooting with me. A short game of laser tag might've even done the trick, but everyone was too lazy. I'm still upset about it.) 

5:30 came far too early this morning, but I managed to drag my sorry self out of bed and get to the gym to remind myself why I have to keep going. It's because I suck at pull-ups. FYI. It does feel great to get it all out of the way so early...

And since I didn't come to work yesterday, guess what was waiting to greet me this morning on my desk? 

That's right. I choose to leave the sender nameless just for mystery's sake, but let's just say I hold the sending party in the highest regard. Best day after Valentines Day ever. :)

My co-worker also gave me a giant homemade sugar cookie of love, which I confess I ate only after considering for a moment the workout this morning. Life is meant to be enjoyed, and sometimes that means enjoying every single bite of the giant cookie of love. 

< Insert mental picture of the most delectable sugar cookie you've ever eaten, as I did not feel the need to take a picture before I ate it. >


And now, lest you think all I talk about is food, I want this for dinner tonight:


That's all. 

2 comments:

JoLene said...

I really had the best Valentines Day ever with you! I really had great time! Must do again SOON!!! :-):-)<3 Love you:-):-)<3<3

Jordyn said...

DEE. I too am hating The Bach this season--watching faithfully, yes, but hating Ben. I wish I could talk to you about it everyday under the guise of doing work stuff.