This filled my soul today...I will always love Nauvoo. I have always had a special place in my heart for the people who lived there, and everything they experienced. Especially after spending time there personally, there are specific people I really look forward to meeting one day.
"In our extremities, we came to know God."
It really cannot come without sacrifice.
I love that promise; that blessing...that we truly can come to know God through our trials. But it's even about so much more than just individually coming to know God, it's opening the way for others to find that knowledge as well. Sometimes the very idea; the very promise we can come to know Him, and help others do so as well fills me with such gratitude and love that I cannot seem to find the words to fully express it.
"His life and mission is central to all human history."
He really does live. It's not a nice story, it's not a hoax. It is very real, and that knowledge continues to fill me every day of my life. We can exhibit extraordinary faith in Jesus Christ throughout our lives, just like they did. In fact, we need to...without taking those steps forward despite what may come, we will never truly feel that connection and the reality of the love of our Heavenly Father.
I love Elder Andersen's testimony at the end.
...the perfect pattern for our own lives...
No comments:
Post a Comment