I would also like to mention that we had to park and ended up hitch hiking the last few miles to get there. Had we lost our mode of transportation, you ask? Why, no. It's just that the whole world decided to go as well. Seriously, I've never seen a traffic jam in Spanish Fork, Utah, of all places, but there's a first time for everything, I guess! Honestly, I was too chicken to do it, and the guys were convinced no one would stop for them. (they were right) so Aubs, the brave/crazy one of the moment was our hitch-hiking hero of the day. :)
And mom: hitch hiking = we hopped in the back of kind people's trucks and then hopped back out again, one time on the way there, and one time on the way back. Each time as they came to a full and complete stop to let us out. I know that doesn't completely soothe your mind, but keep in mind that on the way back, I had only one shoe and...uhm...a battle wound...on my other foot. :) All healed now, but seriously...the 3 miles or so I would have had to walk like that? I love kind people with trucks. :)
Please also note the man in the orange spandex body suit. Only don't look too closely at him. Some people are so crazy it makes me laugh. Hehehe... we couldn't let a sight like that go unnoticed. That's like walking past all the crazies in San Fran the first time you see them. Must be documented at least once. :)
It's times like these that I wish I had a better camera, or the time/materials to further enhance the color insanity of this event, but..huh. I didn't. :) The end.


9 comments:
Question number first: What IS the festival of colors??
haha I love it! Count me in for next year! As long as you will come Salasa dancing with me! ;)
creepy ;)
sister! This sounds sooo neat! You need to tell me all about this when i see you next....which is when? easter-ness maybe?
PS the word i had to type was pyroc...that is just funny to me
Um... I guess I left my festival of colors comment on your baby post. So, for this comment... um... Why don't you just steal that baby?
I totally commented a LONG time ago but the computer went stupid and deleted it and I forgot to come back and comment. Until NOW.
I was considering going all the way down to Provo for said festival when my buddy Keri told me about it and invited me along; alas, I had a TON to do that day and so...I missed out.
Loving all your recent posts. Missing you.
SDT over.
Horray.
Check out my latest post. When you have time. Because you'll want to read it ALL, I assure you :)
A. I cannot believe that I didn't leave a comment on this when I first read it. I am obsessedw ith the Festival of Colors and long and ache to go at least once in my life.
B. I read your comment on Nicole's blog about trading your uncertainties (spelling?) for hers - and I couldn't agree more!!!!! :)
Post a Comment