Monday, April 20, 2009

Things you would already know if you were me...

I've probably mentioned before that I work with amazing people. But just in case you forgot, there it is. Don't feel bad, though. I also work with crazy people. Luckily, the amazing ones and the crazy ones are different. :) Also, there are 5 pregnant women in my office right now. Baby showers, baby showers, baby showers. There's definitely something in this Provo water. Also, something very important about the shower pictured above is Jessica Rodebush. Seriously. Someday, when this woman opens a cafe, I'm eating there every single day, and won't shed one tear over how happy and fat I will become. I want to find a way to be adopted as her child so she's forced to feed me for the rest of my life. I'm not even kind of kidding.
Lindsay Wilson is another one of my favorite EFY office happenings. You might think she's throwing those cans away, but you'd be wrong. She's fishing them out of the garbage can. 9 months pregnant, and she's still got recycling on her mind. This makes about the 4829384th thing I love about Lindsay. If I could recount all the fantastic memories I have of working with her over the BYU sessions last year, I would. But I would have to pull a Will Smith/Men in Black on you and erase your memory afterward. That kind of information should not be shared with the general public. But seriously. The most organized, efficient, hilarious woman I have ever known.
Session Director/Coordinator Training. Whew. I'd like to not explain the amount of work, and the hours of work we all put into that event. So I won't. But suffice it to say, we really wish we could have put these "time" signs to better use. Next year, my friends. 5 minutes, 1 minute, and the "you're seriously still talking???" signs will be implemented. Mark my words. :) (Also, it went really really well. This is just coming from someone on the logistical side who could see the things that went...otherwise...) And in the end, those things only matter when you try to improve for the next year, right? * shiver * next year....ack.
But one of the best parts of this training was - uh - do you see who's in that picture with me? Okay, now take a second to recall my obsession with his voice from this earlier post. Okay. Remember now? Now please be informed that I got to sing a duet with him. That's right! You should also know I had to repeatedly remind myself (silently, of course) that it would be inappropriate to stare at the 17-year-old wonder boy with my mouth open. I know there's a video clip out there somehwere, and as soon as I get it, I'll put it on here. I'm not bragging about myself here. You've got to hear him sing! He'll be on the new EFY cd this year, so come September (or sooner, should you be so lucky) you can hear him sing the song "While We're Young." Please remember he's 17 when you hear his voice. I promise your mind will be blown. Seriously, my favorite singing moment possibly of all time. (Okay, minus the mission times...but dang!)

The end. More DeeAura adventures to come soon. Since I know you hang on my every word, and I've been a terrible blogger as of late. But I think this is the least of things I should probably be worried about... :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Um, awwwesome about the duet. Although I have no idea who that kid is and the video link in the previous post is not working for me, I understand the excitement that goes with performing with someone whose talent you admire. Which reminds me - I have yet to hear your voice alone, darling, and I would like for this to be rectified.

the ginabean said...

On your EVERY word! Seriously, Dee...I really dig your blog and I've missed your funny, sarcastic self of late.

Sounds like Happy Valley ain't so bad then, eh? (I lived there for 2 months during an internship and it wasn't...the best experience of my life.) Glad that it's good for you.

Oh, and I love the entire last section of this post...about the 17 year old boy wonder, and you (silently) reminding yourself how inappropriate it might be to stare at him with your mouth gaping wide. LOVE IT!

Maybe...this is all for now. :)

Jennifer said...

um sister...i really do check your blog daily...i just love to read it! that's all...! :)

Bethany said...

thank you for updating?!! geese louise!

and when can i see you....seriously, this not seeing you is just not working for me...