I love Easter. I actually don't care about the candy. (shocker, I know) Any reason to escape the sometimes mundane of my every-day life to hang with the fam is good enough for me! I know there are those of you who would find the idea that my single life is not one party to the next somewhat akin to a lie (it is. I am always partying. it's so sad that your life is not like mine...) but suffice it to say, I enjoy the change. :)
I love how crazy my family is, how everything is always done last minute, that there's a million of us, I love our sarcastic humor, our pity on anyone who is not us (haha) and I loved watching little Brandon pick up Easter eggs and put them in his little miniature blue bag. News flash: Easter baskets are for sissies. We've moved on to bigger and better things. Also, you should know my Dad is the most hilarious hider of Easter eggs ever.
Brandon also discovered the joy of my camera that day, and it's a safe bet if you're guessing most pictures he's not actually in were taken by him. I know. He's so talented. :) And yes, I taught him everything he knows. Except for what sound a booger makes. That would be my mom's fault. His very sophisticated grandma. :) You may wonder why he knows that. You may also wonder exactly what sound a booger makes. I'm about to reveal the secret:
I love how crazy my family is, how everything is always done last minute, that there's a million of us, I love our sarcastic humor, our pity on anyone who is not us (haha) and I loved watching little Brandon pick up Easter eggs and put them in his little miniature blue bag. News flash: Easter baskets are for sissies. We've moved on to bigger and better things. Also, you should know my Dad is the most hilarious hider of Easter eggs ever.
Brandon also discovered the joy of my camera that day, and it's a safe bet if you're guessing most pictures he's not actually in were taken by him. I know. He's so talented. :) And yes, I taught him everything he knows. Except for what sound a booger makes. That would be my mom's fault. His very sophisticated grandma. :) You may wonder why he knows that. You may also wonder exactly what sound a booger makes. I'm about to reveal the secret:
Thompson family member: "Hey, Brandon, what sound does a booger make?"
Brandon: usually ignores this request the first time or two...on purpose.
Thompson family member: "Hey, Brandon, what sound does a booger make?"
Brandon: suddenly looks up, grins, and sniffs once or twice...very audibly.
This causes my entire family to laugh/clap and tell him what a good job he's doing. Which also causes him to repeat the "sound." My sister was horrified the day she found out what exactly our mother taught her grandson on an innocent babysitting hour.Brandon: usually ignores this request the first time or two...on purpose.
Thompson family member: "Hey, Brandon, what sound does a booger make?"
Brandon: suddenly looks up, grins, and sniffs once or twice...very audibly.
We're terrible to children... :)
Did I mention how much I love my family? Oh, okay. Just checking.
Of course, it was that night that I discovered I was on the verge of becoming deathly ill. Good thing I worked 72+ hours the week before and could easily stay "home" sick. Just what I wanted to do with potential vacation hours...
But the good part was when I saw my Dad when he was here from California. (You might be confused if you don't know me too well.) Quickie Answer: I have a Utah Dad and a California Dad. :) Got it? Good. :) Anyway, it was so great to see him! I had hoped to see him more, but due to my crappy immune system that week, and with the help of drugs, I slept right through the next three days. Ugh. Maybe after this summer, I'll be able to roadtrip it out there to see him. By then, I'll probably get sick if I don't get out of Utah! :)

But the good part was when I saw my Dad when he was here from California. (You might be confused if you don't know me too well.) Quickie Answer: I have a Utah Dad and a California Dad. :) Got it? Good. :) Anyway, it was so great to see him! I had hoped to see him more, but due to my crappy immune system that week, and with the help of drugs, I slept right through the next three days. Ugh. Maybe after this summer, I'll be able to roadtrip it out there to see him. By then, I'll probably get sick if I don't get out of Utah! :)

Okay, now go teach your child important things. Either that, or log it away to teach other people's children. Because that's what I'll be doing. :)


3 comments:
I love it when you blog, it gets me even more excited to sit and talk to you face to face! Are you ready for this, just a couple more weeks and I'm going to be there with YOU in Provo, LIVING, in Utah! WOW! I'm so glad that your my first room mater after all this adventuring, I could not ask for a better one :)
...no secrets here!! :) Love you! :)
Dee!!! I totally loved this blog! And I really really want a copy of those pictures!!!! Thanks!
Post a Comment