Monday, January 25, 2010

Patience, Miracles, and Sunshine. And incomplete thoughts.


"Revelation need not all come at once. It may be incremental. 'Saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more' (2 Nephi 28:30). Patience and perseverance are part of our eternal progression."
-Russell M. Nelson


"Patience and perseverance are part of our eternal progression."

...Thinking pause...
Oh. Okay.


http://theapronstage.com/2010/01/21/2751/
(check it out. This next part is absolutely from there...but I liked it.)

You will get old.
You’ll still want something you can’t define.
Sometimes you will be completely alone.
Accept it as a gift.
Your glass is half full and half empty.
You are the one with the attitude.
You will develop your talents to your own satisfaction. And when you do, it won’t be quite what you thought.
You will hope for a miracle. There’s a good chance, there’s a miracle out there.
http://theapronstage.com/2010/01/19/swimming/#more-2742
(that one is even better, fyi)

My miracle?

I'm going to Arizona in February.

I'm leaving Utah for four, possibly five days, and I can. not. wait.

I think it is a miracle to see the sunshine when it's mostly gray all day here.

Combination of figurative and literal, of course.
I need me some sunshine. :)

5 comments:

Crystal Kelly said...

Aww fun! I haven't been to Arizona since I was really little. I want to go, well one, because I might have a relative in missionary form in the area, and also I saw all your pictures from when you went before and it looked so BEAUTIFUL! :) What are you going down there for?

Jennifer said...

oh sister. how did you know that i needed this today?!?!
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

now, if only I could get some of that sunshine too...

Jess said...

Can we leave tomorrow for AZ... wait. That's too far away. Hmmm. Can we leave now? Yes. Now would work best for me.

See you in two hours.

Callister said...

Wonderful photos and thoughts! Have so much fun AZ! How I want to go with you! XOXO.

the ginabean said...

Jealous of your miracle. To the tenth degree. It's looked like a swirl of cotton Up North the last week. (I'm talking a fatty swirl of cotton pressed right up next to the window; fog and snow and...cold.) -Except for today; today I saw some blue skies!