Thursday, January 28, 2010

Obama: SOTU and BET

Soooooo there I was. Flipping channels after getting home from the gym...I forgot the State of the Union address was on last night, so I was clearly getting 4 million reminders last night as every channel was broadcasting the same thing. (With the exception of the classy CW, of course. hahahhaa!) Just out of curiosity, I kept flipping channels, merely to see who else thought the address was more important than their regular programming.

Flipping, flipping, flipping...
Holy WHAT??? * Insert surprised fit of laughter * Why, BET, (Black Entertainment Television, for those of you who do not frequent the cable world.) I did not know you cared so much about the State of the Union! I certainly never saw Bush or Clinton on BET when they were addressing the nation...

Not that I care terribly, and it's also not like I'm watching BET on a regular basis. So I could just be way behind the times.

I mean, it makes me laugh. It really does. ...it's just...well, at least everyone cares at some point eventually. Right? Don't go all crazy on me here, people. He's the first black president. That's a big deal. I'm just SAYING.

Also, my friend Michelle's status on the oh so classy facebook this morning made me laugh:

Michelle..."just thought of a way to make her problems seem much smaller. She is going to hire people to follow her around and clap after every 4 or 5 words she says. Thanks for the inspiration Mr. Prez."

Mehehhehehehehehehhehehehe...* sigh * I think this may be the first time I've truly enjoyed politics. :)

That's probably about as far as it will ever go, though. Hahahha.

3 comments:

Crystal Kelly said...

I also would like to hire a few people to follow me around clapping for everything I say! Do I have to go all the way to Washington to get them though? ;)

Kellie said...

my thoughts exactly :) I love how you write things too, so clever!

Chelle said...

I made the blog! I made the blog!! And by that... I mean that I love you and miss you. And that I'm glad I made the blog.