Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2009. Because I can.


I know you're dying to read this.
I was dying to fill it out.
I am not, however, dying to get back to work.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Finally went to Seattle. BOOM, baby! uh...also, I went tubing down the Provo river. Remind me to never do that again without a wet-suit. :)

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and do you intend to make any for 2010?

I'd have to go look and see if I did...I actually can't find it right now...BUT: I have made some for this year. In my defense, I usually just make lists of things I want to do, and then I just do them as soon as I can.

What? I see nothing wrong with this method!!


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Well, my little sister did. :) She wasn't physically close to me at the time, but....well, I take that back. I was only in the hallway. So, yeah. And he's a cutie!



4. Did anyone close to you die?

I knew people that died this year, but no one particularly close to me. Unless you count Patrick Swayze (not close) and all I have to say about that is it resulted in the poor purchasing choice to buy Dirty Dancing and watch it for nostalgia-sake...only to discover how much I wished I'd bought a season of Gilmore Girls instead. * sigh *


5. What countries did you visit?
I feel like this is an unfair question, seeing as I have yet to procure my very own passport, making international travel an direct impossibilty. Alaina told me to just get one the other day, and...I'm starting to feel like that might make me feel better about this questions as a whole.

I'm getting a passport, okay??


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?

A passport. (bahaha) Also, I think maybe I should finally finish my Nauvoo photo-book/journal and just get it printed already.

Oh. Also, according to my very nosey dentist, I should get a boyfriend.

Whatever.

7. What dates will be etched into your memory from 2009 and why?

Ah, well, none in particular, really. I mean, they were nice and all...but none need necessarily be etched in my memory.

Oh. :) Well...maybe....sometime in May. That's when I read the quote about reading the scriptures for 30 minutes each morning. I'd have to say that was the most SIGNIFICANT change I made this year.

And I'd highly recommend it to anyone.


8. What is your biggest achievement of the year?

Ah, crap. Just refer to #7.

Also, I'd also say it was an achievement to jump and find out where I'd land. Even if it surprised me. :)

9. What is your biggest failure?

Hmm. Well...I failed a lot. But I wouldn't call any of them EPIC.


10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?

If I did, I have completely forgotten about said illness or injury.

11. What is the best thing you bought?

The $1 tacos at the Latino Festival. Between that and the occasional Horchata from Bajios, I'm set for life.

Also, I'd have to say the True Religion jeans at a fraction of the full-price I got just after Christmas...PRICELESS. :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My cousin Crystal got married, and I'm pretty sure I did a party dance in my cubicle while * no one * could see me when I found out. :)


13. Whose behavior made you appalled or depressed?

Let's just say I couldn't get my jaw off the floor for a day or two. (You have no idea who you are. Also, you never read this blog. But I'm still not going to say your name.)

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent and car payment. Uh...this is probably why I don't visit other countries. * sick *


15. What did you get really excited about?

Seattle! The gym? (my sanity this summer) Roadtrips! Alaina moving in! Uh...Rodeos! GOing to Arizona when it's cold in Utah!
16. What songs will remind you of 2009 and why?

All things Miley Cyrus. (Carla, I blame you for this, actually.) :)

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNzrwh2Z2hQ&feature=player_embedded

You're welcome.


17. Compared to last year...
a. happier or sadder? Hmmm...better. Better for both.
b. thinner or fatter? Duh, fatter. Fatter is always better. Double oreos...oh, wait, I forgot about thin mints...
c. richer or poorer? HA. I think I broke even. :)


18. What do you wish you had done more of?

Playing. Straight up. Though...I did much better this year than last year.


19. What do you wish you had done less of?

Working. :) (I mean this in a healthy manner. I am grateful for work and my job. I'm just saying...)


20. How did you spend Christmas?

When I wasn't in Savior of the World, I was at home with the family in good 'ol Brigham City. That will never get old to me. :)


21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Uh-huh. Nah, nevermind.


22. What was your favorite TV program?

Ooooo. Maybe "Lie to Me" or...uh...actually...

Actually, I watched very little TV this year. Who knew? :)


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?

Uhm, no. :) Hating is too hard.

24. What is the best book you read?
Actually, it's a toss-up between "Mary Martha and Me" and "A Heart Like His"

I know, they're not fictional, and not getting made into major motion pictures anytime soon, but they were phenomenal.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Hahha...well...http://deeaura.blogspot.com/2009/09/send-it-on-thank-you-disney.html

Insert giant grin. :)


26. What did you want and get?

Happiness.


27. What did you want and not get?

A rich husband. :) bahahahha....


28. What was your favorite film this year?

I actually didn't see that many movies this year...but I laughed a surprising number of times in "Star Trek."

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

I celebrated. And I was 27. Still am. :)


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More love, less stress.


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?

scarves. scarves, scarves, scarves, scarves, and more scarves. boots/flats. skinny jeans. (that I finally purchased in December. leave me alone.) :)


32. What kept you sane?

The scriptures, prayer, and the gym.

No...really...

Well, and then there was gmail chat, but even that deserved a good punch in the face eventually. :)


33. What celebrity did you fancy the most?

Ayeyaeyae. :) Patrick Dempsey, probably. :)


34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The fact that there are political issues?


35. Who do you miss?

Carla Morgan.

36. Who was the best person you met?

It's a toss-up between Carla Morgan and Colin Bennett.


37. Valuable life lesson learned in 2009?

No matter what happens, no matter who messed up, and no matter how big of a mess it is, you can always choose to be happy instead.

Be considerate of the feelings of others, but don't forget to be honest with yourself and consider your own feelings as well.


Also, on a much more materialistic note: Kenny Chesney concerts are just not for sober people.

38. What is the one thing you said this year that you never thought you'd say?

"I forgive you." - but just because I never thought I'd get the opportunity to say it out loud to that individual.

oh, and "Wait. Was that the Jonas Brothers? Go back, go back!!!"


39. What was the one thing you heard that you never thought you would hear?

Taylor Swift singing in-tune on live television. But it only happened once, and I'm not even 100% sure she wasn't lip-syncing to herself.


40. What do you anticipate will be the biggest change in your life in 2010?

School. Either that, or moving. Time will only tell!
You're welcome, world. :)

7 comments:

Lindsay Johnson said...

Sorry I did not have time to read the whole thing. I did read enough to know that you should obviously just make your dentist your boyfriend.

Court and Jill said...

Oh Taylor Swift. BA HA HA HA HA!!! OK, your blog is funny. So funny. Thank you, thank you for the laugh.

Nicole Anderson said...

"Thank you", World.

Jess said...

I will forgive you for not mentioning LOST as your favorite TV show, all you need to do is apologize to Jack in the Box...

Crystal Kelly said...

Aww!! You're so cute. I know I always make that comment on your posts, but it's not my fault. YOU'RE the one writing cute posts. :) I look up to you, admire you, love you, pretty much just think the world of you!! :)

Carla said...

You like "lie to me"... just discovered that show, LOVE IT!!!

Also, thanks for the shout out, especially for ruining your life with miley cyrus one hit wonders. Which reminds me of the blog post I never posted but wrote to mitch in which i said "You met him a few months ago, and somehow he managed to seep into your subconscious like that ‘Party in the U.S.A.’ song. Just like you try to deny the fact that you like a Miley Cyrus song, you hate to admit he's on your mind."

ha ha, sadly i think everyone will associate that song with me.

But on a brighter note, mitch didn't appreciate my brilliant post, i met cary, and now i'm thinking i might be coming home end of april! (i'm a wuss when it comes to this long distance ish) but let me know if you hear of good openings in the omni!

Erica said...

Your blog brightens my day. Every time. :)