Ahem.
Now, should you feel inclined to give me credit for this oh, so witty post title, let me stop you before you get too far...
I was perusing facebook just now. Yes, I'm at work. I've been on for five minutes. So sue me. But this title? It was the title of someone's facebook photo album of them and their friends at a Halloween party. I saw it and laughed my head off. Giggled until I had tears.
Then I decided to write this post.
What can I say? Funny things and funny people just happen to inspire me. :)
Now, should you feel inclined to give me credit for this oh, so witty post title, let me stop you before you get too far...
I was perusing facebook just now. Yes, I'm at work. I've been on for five minutes. So sue me. But this title? It was the title of someone's facebook photo album of them and their friends at a Halloween party. I saw it and laughed my head off. Giggled until I had tears.
Then I decided to write this post.
What can I say? Funny things and funny people just happen to inspire me. :)

*this is clearly not all inclusive...I only have so much access to my pictures at work...there are millions more of you. There. Now you can’t get mad at me. :)
I like to call these people my friends. If you're funny, watch out, because I'm probably going to want to be your friend. But these people are more than just funny. They're good. And not just sort of good...they're good to the core...their souls are made of gold. They're younger than me, they're older than me, they're my same age...they're my actual family, and my friend family...They fill me with light and happiness...I think that's the mark of a true friend...the ones you walk away from feeling happier, more uplifted, and having learned something valuable. I learn from them, and I love it. They make me think; they help me see things differently than I would have seen them if left only to my own opinions. They keep me safe. They help pull me out of the places I can't get out of myself...
They help me love myself.
If that sounds backwards to you, it isn't....and please let me introduce you to some of my friends. :)
If that sounds backwards to you, it isn't....and please let me introduce you to some of my friends. :)
“The commandment given by the Savior was to love others and yourself. Am I secure enough in my love of myself to laugh at myself, to admit mistakes, to graciously accept a compliment? Am I secure in my love of others to smile and say hello to a perfect stranger?”
James E. Faust, “The Value of Self-Esteem,” CES fireside for young adults, May 6, 2007
The Savior is the ultimate example of the kind of love we need to have for each other. Without His sacrifice for me, and the example of His life, I would be completely lost, and would have given up on a lot of things a long time ago. He finds me when I am lost, and even after, helps me find myself time and time again. He helps me know who I am, and how much He loves me. How much he loves all of us.
...uh, and now that I've mentioned the Savior, I wonder if I should change the post title...but...it's funny, and...He wants us to have joy, right?? :) Funny brings me joy. :)
I just wanted to say that. :) ...because you should always say when you appreciate someone. And I appreciate so many more than I could possibly find pictures of.
Take that, Wednesday! :)
5 comments:
Thoughtful, fun, inspiring. Yup, this post meets my approval of what I know I can always expect from Dee!
Thanks, Sis! I really enjoyed reading that fireside. I hadn't heard it before, but I needed it! (And I'm so glad I was somewhere in your collage of love...)
1. I am happy you have meeellions of friends.
2. I am happy you have that photo of the Savior. It reminds me of one of the most amazing experiences I've had and I actually was hoping to find it on the internet so I could blog about this story. Now I will. Thanks to you. P.s. I might be at work too. So sue me. ;)
:)
I love you!! Yeah!! :)
Post a Comment