Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gimmee a big pile of Autumn leaves...

"Delicious autumn!
My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird
I would fly about the earth

seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot
(yes, I stole this picture from you, Gnomie...I'm sorry! It was perfect!) :)
"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house.
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne


"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
- Albert Camus

There's not one thing here I don't love. I just feel like I missed something... ;)
Bahaha, I'm just kidding!
I don't care where you are...the fall is perfection for me. :)
the leaves turning,

running outside is PERFECT right now!
long sleeves...the kind that go over your hands...,
herbal tea..mmmm...,
bonfires, campfires, weenie roast, anyone? (no, really. read all of that. and watch the clip.) Haha!
Thanksgiving!
squash,
corn mazes,
pumpkin pies, cookies, bread...mmmmm,
I'm aching for second dam in Logan canyon right now...
but the Alpine loop will have to do. :)
cider,
jumping in piles of leaves,
oooo, and warm blankets...
hazelnut hot chocolate,
sweaters, boots, jeans with boots over them, scarves, jackets...,
pumpkin walks,
* sigh *
and the library sounds extra delightful...

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." -You've Got Mail

Oh, and don't let me forget to mention General Conference. It's a serious bonus to my favorite season. :)

No, I'm not done! I'm just getting started. :) Dear winter, pretty please take your time!

Most appreciatively,
Me

7 comments:

Heather said...

Any post that uses the word "weenie" gets an A+ stamp from me!

DeeAura said...

:D Welllll, you're welcome. And thank you. haha!

Loni and Tyler said...

So so true. WInter take your time- or don't come at all!! You are cute D! PS- still listening to that song. Got my husband hooked too! Good old teen idols!

Amanda said...

I couldn't have said it better myself :)

Kellie said...

Hooray for fall! I agree with every work; and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the line from "You've Got Mail"... one of my favorites!

The Cunninghams said...

Fall really is the best! I miss you DeeAura! I hope you're doing welll!

Mindy said...

Winter is impatient. Winter generally never takes it time ... except when it comes to leaving. P.s. How on this green earth is that woman bending that far back. I shall save that photo on my computer and when I get married I am going to practice that kiss with my hubby and let you know if it is possible or just doctored. ;) Hahah, I think you are GRRRREAT! :)