Ahem.

#1
I finished my grad school application last Saturday.
Yes, that was the deadline day.
No, I do not have a strong opinion about what the decision is. :) I'll find out in June.
The best part about hitting that submit button was the feeling of finally having DONE it.
Dear life list: CHECK. Next? :) Love, Me.
#2
Cool things:
#3:
Yeah, that's right. I've never had a broken bone yet in my entire life so I guess I had to break that streak sometime but I just didn't expect to do it on a Monday morning on my way in to work.
In case you're wondering, I slammed it in my car door. My locked car door, mind you. I had to unlock my car door, pull out my now mangled finger, freak out for .2 seconds, get back IN the car, and drive myself to the emergency room because I'm not terribly far away, there's no one in the parking lot (HOW, I ask?!?) and my phone is clear in the back seat of my car. So I drove. Behind the slowest lady in all of P-town. ..Uh...yelling and crying the whole way.
So far, it has been in a giant pink finger cast the size of Texas, and is currently in a less noticeable white splint. In one more week, it will hopefully be small enough to fit in a normal finger-sized cast.
The worst part was not actually breaking my finger. (Though that was gruesome and I shall never repeat aforementioned experience, thank you very much.) The worst part was driving MYSELF to the ER, and then sitting there for four hours - all by myself. AND THEN the doctor has the nerve to tell me my fingernail probably won't grow back.
However, after a follow-up visit yesterday, the new doctor told me that was not so. In 4-6 months, I shall have it back.
That's so much better than never. :)
UGH.
Also, if anyone has a use for four giant x-rays of my broken finger, you just let me know.
#4
Sometimes...sometimes I hate it when I realize I shouldn't be so judgmental.
Very vague case in point:
"Annoying" boy recently turned into "suddenly you are strangely attractive/what is WRONG with me" boy.

#2
Cool things:
- I got more jeans in the mail. I love them. Even if my friend Lauren made fun of the rainbow colors on the pockets. She's just jealous.
- 3 Calvin and Hobbes books: now mine. Mucho on sale. Steal of a deal. Thank you, Barnes and Noble. :)
- Rearranging finances can sometimes be the best thing you never though of doing. Let's just say I should have done that a long, long time ago.
- Getting my hair cut: TOMORROW!
#3:

I broke my finger.
Yeah, that's right. I've never had a broken bone yet in my entire life so I guess I had to break that streak sometime but I just didn't expect to do it on a Monday morning on my way in to work.
In case you're wondering, I slammed it in my car door. My locked car door, mind you. I had to unlock my car door, pull out my now mangled finger, freak out for .2 seconds, get back IN the car, and drive myself to the emergency room because I'm not terribly far away, there's no one in the parking lot (HOW, I ask?!?) and my phone is clear in the back seat of my car. So I drove. Behind the slowest lady in all of P-town. ..Uh...yelling and crying the whole way.

What. A. Baby, right?
So far, it has been in a giant pink finger cast the size of Texas, and is currently in a less noticeable white splint. In one more week, it will hopefully be small enough to fit in a normal finger-sized cast.
The worst part was not actually breaking my finger. (Though that was gruesome and I shall never repeat aforementioned experience, thank you very much.) The worst part was driving MYSELF to the ER, and then sitting there for four hours - all by myself. AND THEN the doctor has the nerve to tell me my fingernail probably won't grow back.
Can he not SEE that I'm a girl, and that I'm ALREADY crying?! Geez.
However, after a follow-up visit yesterday, the new doctor told me that was not so. In 4-6 months, I shall have it back.
That's so much better than never. :)
UGH.
Also, if anyone has a use for four giant x-rays of my broken finger, you just let me know.
#4
Sometimes...sometimes I hate it when I realize I shouldn't be so judgmental.
Very vague case in point:
"Annoying" boy recently turned into "suddenly you are strangely attractive/what is WRONG with me" boy.

Oh boy.
The end. This is Dee, signing OUT.
8 comments:
I like your lists!
#1: Congrats! It's a good feeling to get everything submitted though, isn't it?!
#2: Jeans are spectac. Calvin & Hobbes rock my world. Finances aren't always a bad thing. And hooray for haircuts!
#3: OW, OW, OW, OW...OUCH! I almost swore FOR you, Dee! Which finger, and on which hand, pray tell...? OW!
#4: Heh heh...I've been there before. G'luck with it all! :)
I am so sorry about your finger, that sounds Painful. What a day for you. And good luck with the "Annoying Boy," Ya gotta love it.
wow Dee... what the adventures you have been having. Sorry about the finger. :(
Ow! That makes me cringe on the inside. And, yes, doctors can sometimes say very insensitive things. But I would like you even if you were missing a fingernail.
#1--Sorry I was so helpful on the last day thing.
#2--Man, I need haircut.
#3--Frames, new artwork?
#4--I got nothing.
Dear Sister,
You need to call me and tell me some stories about #4-ness.
And about #3-
You told me the story, but I think reading about it and seeing that picture sure made me freak out all over again for you! Aahh! OW is right!
And finally- You need to hurry up here so I can see you!!!
Okay... if that is a real x-ray of your finger, then... dang. That's a bad break. Ouch! Oh, and also... when can we hang out? I miss your face. And also, let us know when you hear about grad school!!!
yeah, who the freak is this boy (i would give you a stern inquisitive look if this was in person)? we need to talk
Post a Comment