The nephew of one of our faculty just came in to pick up some materials for his aunt, who is a seminary/institute teacher. She couldn't make it down to get them, so she enlisted his help, since he lives in this very happy valley. From the approximately seven minutes I spent with him, he seemed nice enough and even nice-looking. But - uh - I was working (just to clarify) and was only trying to help him get all the materials she might need and load them into his truck. As is one of my many assignments. Go ahead: tell me what a dedicated employee I am. * listening *
However, I would like to say this certain gentleman went above and beyond on the receiving end. He was making nice enough conversation as I showed him the materials, and then I told him where he could bring his car around and I told him I would meet him at the back door with his materials.
He dutifully went to move his car while I enlisted two co-workers in helping me with a very uncooperative, WD-40 covered dolly so I could load the materials into his truck. Whatever. Anyway, I went and met him around back and started loading the boxes into his truck (still with WD-40 all over my hands, and in my nice work clothes, mind you...) when he starts with the awkward/funny.

"You smell nice."
"What's your perfume?"
(I didn't want to disappoint him by telling him he was just smelling a mixture of possibly my shampoo and most definitely the WD-40 all over my hands...)
"How long have you worked here?" & "When did you graduate?"
(aka - "How old are you?" - stealthy, secret code. Oh, I've got the translation. That's right.)
By then, I had finished loading the boxes into his truck (don't worry...he was helping in the meantime, not just standing there watching me slave away and talking about my personal hygiene and life/career path.)
I smiled, shook his hand (by this time, the WD-40 was gone, at least in substance...smell still lurking...but clearly this has a good effect...) and told him it was nice to meet him, tell his aunt hello, I think she's great, yada yada yada.
I tried to pull my hand away as he still held ON to my hand and while looking straight into my eyes, says,
"I'll tell her that."
...still holding my hand.....
Okaaaaay, thank you. Very much.
WD-40, ladies. Works every time. HAHAHAHHAHA. * wink *
17 comments:
I thought this was going to end up with some romantic date, etc. That guy must have been a little off, but interesting none the less. Keep up the WD-40.
Ha. Increible. I hope he was cute or this could be a creepy experience. Love you! :)
Oooooooh! So THAT's what I've been doing wrong!
crazy fellow...
i need to work there. the encounter sounds...exotic? okay, very wrong word, but thats all i've got for now...
OMG! IDK what 2 say! Like... 4 reals? That so did not happen 2 U!
Hahaha. That's way awesome, Dee!!! I love your stories of flirtation and success. Grood jorb.
Hehehehehe. :) Just make sure to keep us updated. Let us know when he "just happens to be in the building" and you "just happen to run into each other" and he "just happens to have an appropriate reason to need your phone number." :)
HAHA! Wow I am laughing so hard right now! So awkward... its a wonder anybody gets married with all the awkward guys that are out there!
That has got to be the story of the week... WOW! That is hilarious!!!! Deeeeeeeee!!!!! I think I just peed a little and threw up at the same time..... WD-40?????? Who would've guessed... you better let us know if this was an altogether CREEPED out experience, or a good one!
LOVE YOUR FACE!!!
I was seriously going to start this with OMG! But Aubs stole it first.
So, that is super way funny. I will definitely try the WD-40 method. But Dee, you must know that it was your adorable face that kept his hand on yours for so long........ :-)
Yeah, what Michelle said :)
SO! You never told us your thoughts on the boy! How dare you leave us wondering! :)
Hah. Oh, I'm so sorry, Mindy. :) I think...I'll probably never see this boy again. Probably. But it was a funny experience. But if I ran into him sometime or somewhere, eh - uh - He could shake my hand again. :)
Lol! That is too funny! I should try that "perfume" on Zane and see if he likes it. ;-)
WOW! I thought maybe your hands were stuck together with the WD #40(...he he) Beware Chanel #5! Ironic, I know :)
That is too dang funny! Well, um ... guess I know what to wear if I'm feeling neglected. Thanks for the info. LOL!
That is one good story. I personally like to use WD-40 to kill wasps... I hate wasps.
That is too funny...and awkward...at the same time. He DOES know where you work and it sounds like he might be back, so don't go thinkin' this story is over. It has probably just begun. Keep us posted, and keep that WD-40 close by. :0)
Post a Comment