I really can't even tell you how much I love the Fall. :) Last weekend, I was in Logan...mostly to finally get my hair cut. :) But I just couldn't resist taking a little extra time beforehand to take a detour up to second dam there in the Logan canyon. I used to go running up there all the time, especially my last year there at Utah State. It became this little sanctuary for me, there in the beauty of Cache Valley, and just far enough away from everything else to feel completely protected. And it's absolutely breathtaking! (I think so, anyway!) I wish I'd had more time to spend up there this time, but there's a little piece. :)The Relief Society General Broadcast was that night as well. Aubrey and I went to go have my cousin, Sarah, cut our hair that afternoon, and just planned on watching the broadcast back and Aubrey's home stake center when we were done. But the afternoon quickly faded into evening, and we left the salon at 5:57 pm! Ah!! We clearly didn't have time to make it back to the Stake Center in Mendon, so we concluded we'd have to find a place there in Logan to watch it. But the worst problem was the part where we were both still in jeans, and had no skirt at our disposal. The thought of walking into the back of a chapel in our jeans made us both feel a little uncomfortable, but we didn't want to miss the broadcast, so what choice did we have?! However. Just as we were pulling up to the stake center, I remembered my old roommate, Michelle, lived really close to the stake center. So, I called her...just to see which chapel she had gone to. Lo and behold, she was actually just getting it on her laptop because she'd lost track of the time earlier. As silly as it seems, she was absolutely an answer to my little prayer about not wanting to feel bad about being so underdressed in the chapel! But the best part was that we couldn't get the internet access to work well there until we put the laptop on top of 3 little plastic preschool chairs. Lol...Michelle lives in the downstairs of a cute little preschool, and the only place she could get the internet was upstairs in the preschool...so uh...that's where we got the chairs from. :) Ah, funny times! I miss living with that silly girl. The best things happen all the time! AND...wasn't the RS broadcast so great?!?!? In addition to the beautiful messages delivered, and the incredible spirit I feel every time I hear a talk about the importance of being a true daughter of God, I absolutely want to have dinner with the Uchtdorfs someday. Hahha!! But seriously. I don't know quite what it is about him, but I absolutely love hearing President Uchtdorf speak. There is something so kind, gentle, and wise about that man. Also, his wife makes curry. I definitely want a dinner opportunity. :)
2 comments:
YES! It WAS great and I'm with you. I love to hear Elder Uchtdorf speak. He's such a happy, energetic, Christ-like man. When you get invited to have dinner with him and his wife, will you ask to bring a date? That would be me of course. Don't forget.
I love you girls! What a great way to watch the broadcast :) And yes, it was an INCREDIBLE meeting!
Post a Comment