I. LOVE. Audrey Hepburn. I had almost forgotten how awesome she was. :) My roommate, Aubrey, just added 3 more Hepburn classics to her collection, so this past weekend, we soaked in every second of the gloriousness we possibly could! These movies are so CLASSIC and funny and witty and just...1000% charming. I forgot how much I love old movies. Be they black and white, all modern with their technicolor, and from musicals to murder mysteries - I just come away wishing I had as many awesome hats, coats, and hairstyles as she does! Hahah...and it doesn't stop there! I suddenly find myself wanting to read "The Bobbsey Twins" and "Nancy Drew" and watch all the old "Herby" movies again...(PLEASE, no new ones with Lindsay Lohan. Gag and bleck! Give me the old goodness any day!) and...oooh! "Pollyanna" and "Follow me, Boys!" While we're at it, let's not forget even the Shirley Temple days of goodness! Gimmee a good 'ol tap number in a beautifully fuzzy black and white world where everyone's curls are perfect and little girls still look at their mothers in awe...where little girls and little boys even still EXIST, for that matter! I think I'll drift off peacefully to sleep tonight to the sweet strains of "Moon River" and every time I walk past a small broom closet, I'll have to resist the urge to peek inside and see if Audrey and Peter O'Toole need any help with their magnetic key retrieval. And walking in the rain past alleys full of boxes will always make me want to go looking for "Cat"...and I don't even like cats! Oh, and someday...someday, I'll visit Rome, ride a vespa, buy some gelato from a little man at his little corner stand, and maybe even give that American Reporter something better to write about. :)
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire." - Arnold Glasgow
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Audrey Hepburn-mania
I. LOVE. Audrey Hepburn. I had almost forgotten how awesome she was. :) My roommate, Aubrey, just added 3 more Hepburn classics to her collection, so this past weekend, we soaked in every second of the gloriousness we possibly could! These movies are so CLASSIC and funny and witty and just...1000% charming. I forgot how much I love old movies. Be they black and white, all modern with their technicolor, and from musicals to murder mysteries - I just come away wishing I had as many awesome hats, coats, and hairstyles as she does! Hahah...and it doesn't stop there! I suddenly find myself wanting to read "The Bobbsey Twins" and "Nancy Drew" and watch all the old "Herby" movies again...(PLEASE, no new ones with Lindsay Lohan. Gag and bleck! Give me the old goodness any day!) and...oooh! "Pollyanna" and "Follow me, Boys!" While we're at it, let's not forget even the Shirley Temple days of goodness! Gimmee a good 'ol tap number in a beautifully fuzzy black and white world where everyone's curls are perfect and little girls still look at their mothers in awe...where little girls and little boys even still EXIST, for that matter! I think I'll drift off peacefully to sleep tonight to the sweet strains of "Moon River" and every time I walk past a small broom closet, I'll have to resist the urge to peek inside and see if Audrey and Peter O'Toole need any help with their magnetic key retrieval. And walking in the rain past alleys full of boxes will always make me want to go looking for "Cat"...and I don't even like cats! Oh, and someday...someday, I'll visit Rome, ride a vespa, buy some gelato from a little man at his little corner stand, and maybe even give that American Reporter something better to write about. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
yet another reason why we are friends. i need to call you. i will make it happen in the near future.
I'm so glad you love Audrey as much as I do. :) I have more movies on the way... be excited!!!
So AWESOME!! It is actually funny that you have been having movie marathons.. my roomies and I have been spending days in our PJ's watching Doris Day movies... we just mentions that Audrey is next!
:)
Dee! Wow, its funny how you can find people when you just click away on other people's blogs! So glad to see you are still so HAPPY! I love Audrey Hepburn as well. She is classic elegance. Like you!
Jenni Price
DeeAura,
I don't know if you remember me from school or not ... anyway, I was Maria Perry. I still am, I guess! LOL. Hey, just looked at Alaina's blog -- you said you know how to make your blog wider? Would you care to be EVER-SO-KIND and possibly email me and give me instructions. I would love that. I know you are probably a bit busy -- so no rush. Thanks so much! BTW, loved your post on Prop 8! It's good to see you again -- and I just have to say, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I'm jealous you got to serve a mission in Nauvoo. I seriously would live there if I could!
Thanks,
Maria
mariaburleigh@gmail.com
I love Audrey Hepburn and all of those old movies too. As a matter of fact I think you may have inspired me to go rent one, tomorrow because today is Sunday. ;-)
Post a Comment