Monday, November 8, 2010

If I tell myself it's funny enough times, it'll probably make me laugh...

Remember that time when I was running errands during lunch?

Remember how I kept changing the radio station because there was NOTHING on?

Remember how, when I finally found something halfway worth listening to, I was so glad, I just started singing along to it?  And not just singing along...ROCKING OUT to some random country song I don't even care about?  (I did mention there wasn't anything on the radio, didn't I?)

Remember how it's not even a song I like, but...well...I was in my car and...I knew the words, and...that just happens.  Admit it.  You do it too.  Judge away.  :)

Ahem.  Then, remember how...a minute or so later...I pulled my phone out of my pocket...

...and how it said "CONNECTED...(insert person's name here)..."

And how it said it had been going for about a minute or so?  And why??  WHY WHY WHY did it have to call THAT person?! 

Remember how I died inside a little bit?  ...Especially as I recalled exactly how energetically I'd been singing that stupid song?

Note to self: phone must ALWAYS be on lock.  Always.  Always always always always always.

Guh. [DeeAura cringes while envisioning the laughter of voicemail recipient.]

There are no pictures descriptive enough for this moment.

My phone is so grounded.

10 comments:

Heather said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh my goodness, that just made my day. I really really wish it had been me who received that voicemail.

Shelli said...

I don't care who is in your phone book, I can't imagine a single person who would not appreciate that. Why couldn't you have butt-dialed me?

Jennifer said...

This is the best thing ever. It made my night, day and week! :)
And please, sometime, please tell me who you called...
HHAHAHAA!

Chelle said...

Hahahahaaaaa! Oh, oh I love this.

Thanks. I needed a laugh. :)

the ginabean said...

Oh wow. Back in July, following a softball game of mine, I was standing around talking to a few gal pals, and we were kinda begrudging the man situation a bit. I decided to pull my phone out to check the time, and I noticed that my phone had dialed my recent ex-boyfriend, and that the message had been going for roughly 3.5 minutes. What the WHAT? I can't even think about what he might've heard; I tell myself that it was probably mostly just muffled laughter...

GAH!

Nicole Anderson said...

ditto to Shelli! I want an equally entertaining butt dial!

Jenny said...

so did you leave that person a voicemail or were they listening the whole time?? hehehe.... i have some detective work to do today :)

Rebecca McDermott said...

Now that is just funny.

Amanda said...

Are you laughing about it yet? Because it's REALLY funny! :) Man I miss your face!

Jason Sanders said...

I was the blessed recipient of this voicemail, I still have it and am more than willing to allow others to share in the joy that is DeeAura's embarrassment.