Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A dating conundrum. A moral conundrum? What happens when DeeAura dates a BYU student...

Once upon a time, DeeAura's best boyfriend ever offered her free tickets to the upcoming USU vs. BYU men's basketball game. 

*Insert moment of pure joy in DeeAura's life*

And even though DeeAura has to go to the game late due to other Wednesday commitments, it was quickly discovered DeeAura could still make it to said game in plenty of time to at least see the...*cough* outcome.  :)

Boyfriend senses loophole in DeeAura's joy. 

BF: "But there's one stipulation, Dee."

Dee: "Oh?  What's that?"

BF: "You have to wear a BYU t-shirt."


*retracting moment of pure joy from DeeAura's life - and contemplating reconsideration of "best boyfriend ever" label* 

Dee: "W...wh...wwhh...what?  You can't be serious."

BF: "Yep.  That's the deal.  BYU t-shirt, or no tickets."

Dee's face says: Why you gotta crap all over my joy like that, boyfriend?? ...because words wouldn't come out.

*Insert moment of pure joy in boyfriend's life as he discovers DeeAura stuck between a rock and a hard place.*

Is this really what boyfriends DO??

DeeAura contemplates all the ways she could get around wearing said t-shirt on the OUTSIDE...maybe as an undershirt for the Aggies?  :)  Inside out?  Maybe I use it as a sort of pom pom?  To wipe the sweat? 


Boyfriend sees wheels turning in DeeAura's head and makes further stipulations concerning the t-shirt; dashing all hopes of getting out of anything. Must wear t-shirt.  Must be seen. 

DeeAura looks up with every intention of spewing out fiery words of indignation on current mistreatment of the only thing she holds dear...when it comes to sports, of course.  Aggie Basketball.

DeeAura takes one look at boyfriend's very attractive, somewhat annoyingly triumphant face....

...thinks for a minute or two...

Then agrees.  Grudgingly(I wanna go to the game!!)

Permission to submit this as irrefutable proof of how much DeeAura likes boyfriend. 

For the record: I don't want to hear how awful BYU is from any Aggie, and I don't wanna hear how awful the Aggies are from any BYU Cougar out there.  GOT IT?  :)  I have to play nice these days.

I'm going to the game.  
And my ticket is free.  
BUT AT WHAT PRICE?!??!  
My inner Aggie is wracked with turmoil.  
Suck it up, kiddo.  
Suck it up.
Go Aggies.  :)


I miss the Spectrum.  That is all. 


9 comments:

Mindy said...

Wear a YBU shirt. Problem solved.

the ginabean said...

Go Aggies!

Yeah, you gotta pick your battles. I sympathize, but I'm quite confident you made the right choice.

...Right?

Nicole Anderson said...

I think there are some things worth sacrificing for... perhaps even sacrificing our AGGIE BASKETBALL. Clever boyfriend... chalk up a point for him. :)

Katie B. said...

Aww... How cute. Everyone likes a good bothering.

Kellen and Amanda said...

Oh Dee, I LOVE YOU

Meagan said...

Oh man!!! You should have wore one of those aggie shirts that says, YBU, then it had BYU in it, but it is an Aggie shirt. I feel for ya, that is horrible to wear a BYU shirt, but at least you got to go to the game.

Kaley said...

Yeah, sorry about that loss. That's all.

Amanda said...

I won't say anything mean about BYU. But they DID steal our "left right left right" cheer. Glad you got to go to the game with your BBFE :) :)

Crystal Kelly said...

hahahaha! I love this! I love that he made you wear the BYU shirt!! Lol. I've sacrificed and worn a Cavs shirt to a Jazz game for John before... the things we do for love. ;)

p.s. I like Jason. I just decided. haha :)