Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting bullied by the universe.

Do you ever have those days where everything that comes out of your mouth is terrible? Or, if it's not verbalized, it's still running through your mind.

I mean, really. Everything. Everything seems crappy (even though you know it isn't), the weather is abysmal (aka: cold), and somehow it doesn't get any better every time you open your mouth to speak.Yeah, that was my day yesterday, though I'd partly blame Sunday. And maybe part of Saturday. Culmination: Monday.

I imagine if I were married, my husband either would have kicked me out of the house or he might maybe have just given me the hug I so desperately needed (for no reason known to man or woman) told me he loved me, and made me stay in that hug until I stopped kicking and screaming. Ha. This is only a partial joke. Future husband is so glad he doesn't even know me yet.

Huh. Anyway.

In the real world, even I was exhausted by my mood; and with a million things to do and places to be...I only made it to half of them. Usually on mad days, the gym is my best friend. I leave a whole lot happier after running it all out or having the crap kicked out of me at a class.

But gym had to take a back seat yesterday because I left work later than I have in a long time.

I love leaving work at 5 p.m. sharp. Or earlier, if I can. Even boss-man stood up, said "I've had it" and left his office the other day 15 minutes early. I was jealous. Until I realized I could do the same thing. Peace out, cubicle.

But that was SO not my life yesterday.

Anyway. There's a reason I'll probably need the 3 times going to the temple this week. And no, I have no idea what that reason is. Tonight: ward temple night, Thursday nights are a permanent temple night now, and Saturday with my sister and her husband. This was not planned purposely this way, but I think it's no coincidence. I think someone knew I was going to have issues.

Ugh. :)

When my head finally hit the pillow and I snuggled up to...well, the fleece blanket I'd jumbled into something I could hold on to...relief finally flooded in.

If that ever happens again, I'll be taking drastic self-parenting measures and personal time-out will become the order of the day.

Tell me I'm not the only one who throws grown-up temper-tantrums. But only if you really mean it.

11 comments:

Shelli said...

Um, Hi. Have you met my frenemy Stats? Just think constant "grown-up" temper tantrum whenever I sit to work on it.

There are tears and throwing things. I promise.

And those are the good days.

Hope today is better. Love you.

Cali said...

I throw temper tantrums ALL.THE.TIME. It's totally normal. Don't let anyone tell you anything different. Love you.

Carla said...

If I were there I would show up with some Ben and Jerry's (for me of course, because you don't like ice cream) and perhaps some cheesecake, and then lemon passion from the Mac shack and several other options to strike your fancy! I know those days where you just need someone to hug it away.

Speaking of your future husband hugging bad moods out though... I was looking at all the cute couples on blogs (aubs and jas for one) and it just boggles my mind how people end up together, and not with someone else, and then decide they love eachother, and how everything annoying about them isn't as annoying to that person they're with. It's really kind of amazing. I'm probably rambling, because I'm still waiting for Cary to get fed up with my annoying habits... quite honestly I'm shocked he hasn't yet. And therefore, I know that you're husband won't be annoyed with you having a bad day... he'll just hug you and be nice until the bad mood melts away.

Wow, ok, I'm gonna quit rambling... hope tuesday is better than monday.

shallie said...

I like you. I always have and plan on continuing. New Moon is in the dollar theater. Perhaps an evening of Jacob is in order because of yucky Monday. What say you?

Jennifer said...

I agree with Cali. enough said. you know me.

Stephen said...

I have to admit that after reading that post I thought the bottle of aromatherapy on the next page was gonna be a bottle of something else (until I scrolled all the way down).

Anyway, yes, you know me. And yes. And even just yesterday. Just know that when Hurley told Jack tonight that "you have what it takes" I thought of you, and there are some things in life you never live down, and my moments like the "Steve Nielsen Hates You" video I also... yeah. Now there's a rambling comment for you.

Emily Hamilton said...

I love you DeeAura. I needed this after I threw my own tantrum today. Wednesday felt like a Monday for sure.

Callister said...

Dee, I have to confess something. I'm not so secretly glad that you (had) have adult tantrums. Not that I'm happy for the crappy feelings you had to experience, but because I now know you're normal. :) Ever since I've known you, I've looked up to you. You're on this amazing spiritual, mental, so on and so forth, level that I could only dream to achieve. And so if it's any consulation, your demise makes me realize (again) that even the most amazing people have bad days and that my own are not so uncommon. And when you are married and have another bad day, your husband WILL put his arms around you, tell you that he loves you, and that he wouldn't want you any other way. XOXO. :) Nicole

Chelle said...

Nope. I've never thrown an emotional temper tantrum.

Except for yesterday.

And the day before.

And the last 6 months...

Kira said...

I throw grown up temper-tantrums and my husband looks at me like I'm crazy and searches for a place to hide. Sometimes he calls me on it but most of the time he hides. I think I would like it better if he tried your idea and hugged me until I gave in. We all have those days.

Bethany said...

i hear ya, loud and clear.