So there I was, playing Words with Friends
Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I don't really care, I just like playing word games.
They are fun. I like words. Okay.
HOWEVER.
Approach ever-present war of the words.
Er, battle of the sexes.
This will require simple math with a touch of psych 1010.
Words with Friends + girl vs. boy = Girl should not win by too many points, or too many times, as this is not conducive for growth of male ego.
I invite you to examine the evidence below. These are games with two separate individuals. The common player? Me. Common problem? I'm winning. Common outcome? "I quit. You're winning. I never lose." (make sure you say this is best dude voice for full effect.)
Commence their tail-between-legs SULK while I sit there ready to spit nails because, well, ONE of them always beats me. ALWAYS. I worked HARD for those extra 100 points. The other one just quits halfway through the game because I doubled his score (whaaaaat? ) and he apparently has never yet lost a game.
Until now.
I don't know whether to feel proud or disgusted.
I have to go clean something.
4 comments:
That last line is totally from Emperors New Groove. :)
Wow. How would it be to never lose Words With FRIENDS? I lose more than I win. And lemme tell you, sometimes the tiles are stacked against you! (ie, just recently I played against a friend who payed down 6-7 tiles EVERY TURN while I was lucky to play 3. It IS kind of a bummer when you're trailing by 200+ points. But YOU DON'T QUIT! I mean, I didn't!) I mean, geeez, it's a GAME! With FRIENDS!
I love that you'll play with me, by the way, Dee :)
Two thoughts: 1. I feel really special to have inspired a blog post. Next time ihave no chance I will let you enjoy your victory to the bitter end. 2. Goutiest? Come on. That is not a real word.
Ahem. IT IS TOO!
gout - a painful inflammation of the big toe and foot caused by defects in uric acid metabolism resulting in deposits of the acid and its salts in the blood and joints
Your toe is the goutiest I have ever seen.
Totally. disgusting.
real word. points. win. :)
Post a Comment