Friday, June 10, 2011

Oh, am I rambling? My bad...

I stayed home from work today.Thursday. Long story. Not worth telling. I'll tell you this instead:
Ahem.
Sometimes the things people post on their facebook status is inspiring. Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's totally useless information.  You know.
But this is what I woke up to when checking facebook the other morning...talk about deflation: 
(and that'll teach me to check facebook before I study my scriptures...)
"__________was reminded this morning that God did not make Moses a mighty speaker - He gave him a spokesperson. I guess our weaknesses are ours to keep sometimes and the Lord provides other solutions."
Oh rats. That's a terrible idea. I hate facebook. And weaknesses. :) If we're friends on facebook, would you mind just putting something a little more uplifting
Moving on. 
In other news, I have a short story for you. :)
Yeah, it's about a drill. Stop raising your eyebrows. Why else would I have this picture on my blog?
Yesterday, my co-worker walked into my office with an electric drill he doesn't use anymore and asked me if I wanted it. This was per a conversation we had in a meeting over a month ago when he asked me how moving  was going, and I told him I decided I either needed a husband or an electric drill to finish the last few pieces. He laughed. A month later, he gives me his spare electric drill...
Wait. What is the universe telling me?! I don't get it. Who's laughing now?! 
bahah...I am. That's hysterical.
...but only because pushing the button on this electric drill is SO much more fun than I anticipated...
...Ummm...OKAY. My room has a little balcony facing the pool at our apartment complex, and they're playing Celine Dion and Josh Groban at the pool. all day. AGAIN. I'm making them an alternate playlist: now. I would also like to add I mean no disrespect whatsoever to Celine OR Josh. I love them both. It's just...sometimes variety is REALLY NICE. People are going to thank me for the time I plan on putting into this generous offering. I'm thinking even Celine herself would agree with me. Josh might not, but that's just because his hair affects his brain process. Thankfully, it hasn't affect his singing voice. I digress.
I'm addicted to Words with Friends. I love words, and I love spelling. SO much. I almost won the spelling bee in 6th grade. Did you know that? Yeah. I lost on the word scrumptious, and that's ONLY (i repeat) ONLY because I was thinking faster than I spoke in the moment, and I left the "s" off the beginning. That other dumb kid only won by default. KATT. Ugh. Here I am, off the subject again. Pardon me. Words with Friends. 
Dear Adam Tate, I am KILLING everyone else in this game! My score right now is not indicative of your future success. (Cali, it's okay that I tripled your score last time.) Ya hear that, Adam?! I'm getting so frustrated. I get 17 vowels every time, I swear. It's really starting to tick me right off. However, I do feel a little better now I've got that off my chest. Who says games don't bring out the best in people?
Sooo...I hiked the Y the other night for the first time. (I know. 3.5 years of living in Provocity and I just barely did that?) Of course I waited until I moved to Orem before partaking. :) And yes, I meant to make Provocity one word. You say it like atrocity. No coincidence. :)
While on said hike (which I plan on doing time and time again - you should come next time) clear up at the top of the Y, the only sound I heard rising above the noise of all Provocity was the EFY kids down on the campus fields, doing their Wednesday night game cheers. Now that's power. I felt a small swell of pride. :)
Ooooo...One Republic's "Good Life" just came on the iTunes. OH YES. You're gonna need that. I could run to it forever.
FYI: Pinterest.com? Terrible addiction. You should get it. Then we can share stuff. Sharing is good. You're supposed to share: kindergarten rule #1. 
 That's all. :)
 The next post is a story. You'll like it. It's about blind dates. Not commenting on this experience of my life will not actually be possible. Just fyi. 

7 comments:

Heather said...

DEE. You are crazy skinny. I stared at your tiny, cute little figure for way too long in that picture at the top of the Y. Good work, yo.

Mindy said...

Have you seen Mega Mind? Me and my rough job - I had to go to a movie this week with the kiddos. In Mega Mind {which I just typed as Mega Mindy} they live in Metro City which Mega Mind refers to as "Metrocity" like your Provocity. He also pronounced school as SH-OOL. If your drill was that pretty turquoise blue it would be fantastic. And the last blind date I went on, he showed me photos of his mutulated hands which resulted in amputation. I hope your story is just as good. :)

Matt and Jenni said...

I am 100% addicted to that song! See, one more reason why we're friends. :)

Erica said...

You seriously could hear the EFY game night cheers from the Y?! No wonder everyone anywhere near BYU campus hates us.

Let me guess. Was it Tod who gave you the drill? :) Seems like something he'd have laying around.

(Tell the office peeps I love them, if you think of it.) :)

Adam and Brooke said...

I wanna hike with you next time you go! Pick me! Pick me!

Cali said...

SO.. you had to broadcast it to everyone that you TRIPLED my score?? Whatever. I guess if you must beat me at something, I choose spelling.

the ginabean said...

Ha! Provocity! (Of course, I naturally think of Megamind, which makes me smile all the more.)

How have I not heard the song Good Life before now? Just purchased it online. Because of you. Thanks for sharing! (You're very good at living that rule, sister!)