Monday, June 13, 2011

A few words from the experts on marriage: It's what brings us together.

So, this isn't the blind date post. It's coming, but taking more refinement than I initially anticipated. Rather than keep you waiting, I thought I'd drop a few tidbits to keep you coming back for more. 

I've been having a lot of meaningful conversations lately on the topics of marriage, love, and dating. In the realm of my new life of full-disclosure, I just wanted to share a few important insights I've gained lately...

MARRIAGE:
While sitting outside soaking in all the free vitamin D on our lunch break: (a.k.a co-worker confessionals)
"Guys, whenever I think about marriage, it makes my esophagus close."
Commence hysterical laughter. 


LOVE:
While soaking in even more free Vitamin D by the pool: (don't worry, I'm wearing my sunblock.)
On dating the guy who's not quite, but almost:
"No way. If I don't think he can make me laugh clear 'til we're in our jazzies, I'm out."
Quizzical looks. "Jazzies?"
"Guys. Jazzies. They're the motor scooters you ride around in when you're old. Jazzies."
Big grins. "Oh, got it. Jazzies."
laughing is important, after all. commence sunbathing. 


DATING:




"Dee, you should date ____."
"Um, okay. Why?"
"Well, because he's tall."
(My immediate mental retort, complete with Jersey accent, "John Wayne was tall..." but I kept it on the inside. Movie reference points.)
"Oh. eye roll. Good point."
Continue doing whatever we were doing before.





Coming up next: Breakfast with Boyd. That's the name of the blind date story. That's right...it has a title. Has for years. It's that epic. Some of you already know this story, but a request has been made, and we all know I can't keep a willing audience waiting. :) Much like this guy...(who I will love until the day I die. Thank you, JT.)


10 comments:

Cali said...

While you were sleeping!! Man I'm good.

You're profound, Dee. :)

Mindy said...

These mashed potatoes are so creamy. I have never had mashed potatoes so creamy.

Carla said...

yeah, points for quoting while you were sleeping...

tall isn't a bad reason to date someone, but not a good one either.

And the jazzy comment made me laugh really hard, that is so priceless.

Jennifer said...

Wait, is this the Boyd that I am thinking of? You are going to tell this story?! I can't wait... :)

Alyssa Harper said...

Ahaha! That's it. I've got to have one. A Jazzy, I mean. Also to go on a date with my hubby in a Jazzy. THAT right there. That's Twoo-Wuv.

the ginabean said...

I love your thoughts on marriage.

Also, CONFESSION (don't hate!): I've always written JT off because he was once an important member of a boy band (couldn't even tell you for sure if it was N'SYNC or Backstreet Boys, frankly). Anyway...having said that...this little video you shared kinda made me think I've been missing out. Yes?

Mitzi said...

You're funny.:)

Alicia said...

I held back when you posted this video on facebook. But now you posted on your blog. I love it. You've caught me lurking twice.

Matt and Jenni said...

omg...pretty sure I'll always have the hots for JT. Bless your soul for posting that video!

Chelle said...

Yay! You're going to post Breakfast with Boyd!! That's one of my all-time favorite stories. Like... all-time. No, really. All-time.