Monday, December 15, 2008

*Crafty Dreams*

I just spent the last twenty minutes or so looking at this craft blog:

http://payperiodprojects.blogspot.com/



That's it. I'm quitting my job to become a crafty mother. Now I all I need is a husband and a few kids. Or just one. (child. uh...and husband. *ahem* One husband, children could be from 1-6 or so in number.) Whatever. Oh, and the craft supplies. So a budget for such things. That would also help. ;)

Thanks to Ashley, one of the girls I visit teach, I suddenly have an intense desire to make "fabulous crayons"by melting all my extra, broken crayons together. Hellllloooooo...that's an almost pointless project unless I have little tykes running around who need un-broken crayons. (I say almost because I do like to color, and it would be fun...hmmmm...) Also, I can't make a princessy tutu for myself. (Okay, I could, but it's no fun unless I have at least one little girl to dance around in matching tutus to the Nutcracker music.) Not that I do that. Very often. Or at all. Kreiky.

*heavy sigh* I'm just sayin'. And now it's back to my real life. Errr...work. My job. :)

(Also, I can already hear those of you who do have children out there laughing at my seemingly naive belief(s) that my children will be really into making these crafts with me, or that I'll even have time to do these things with all the changing of diapers, messes, laundry, mealtimes, etc. Fine. *laugh* I take it as a challenge. Or...aw, just let me be, okay?! Dream snatchers.)

10 comments:

Heather and Scott said...

Well if you need someone to make a tutu for my kids are availalbe. ;)

Loni and Tyler said...

You are too cute!! Yes that is my tree and I love it!!! Thanks for noticing! (Tai Pan!!!) You look like you are doing great. I often think of you and miss my college and EFY days!! Those were some good times. Remember doing Relief Society??? FUnny huh!!

Loni and Tyler said...

so i think i left 2 commments, this making the 3rd!! I thought the first was deleted!! So, Hi 3 times if you get all 3!!!

Alaina Nelson said...

ummm so you and I can just make tu-tus and dance around to The nutcracker, I need a new dance partner :)

Mary Anne said...

i wish you well on all of your crafty mother dreams...including husband and children. AND i loved your 100 things post! you are hilarious! but #30 just has me super curious now. seriously. if I ever do a 100 things post, it will definitely include the fact that I get super curious about not knowing everything about a whole story.

Chelle said...

If you need help with crafts, just let me know. I'm WAY crafty.

Kellie said...

You are so cute Dee. And someday you will be the funnest mom ever!

Emily G said...

Teeheehee, I will definitely not be your dream snatcher. I will just further encourage you in your idealism! But hey! I loved to do that kind of stuff as a kid so I don't see why our kids won't want to also!!! You are going to be the cutest most loving mom ever and I am glad you are only planning to marry one husband because more than that would be way high maintenance.

I don't think there is any harm in making fabulous crayons, though...I mean, in preparation for the future. Personal progress. You know. If you want to learn how to make toothbrush bracelets, holler at me.

Emily G said...

P.S. I hope all my kids look as goofy and adorable as the little boy on the far right. TEE HEE!!

Brandon and Erica said...

Take me with you!! That is, if you quit your job of course.

I have turned into a semi-crafty person of sorts as well. I actually wrapped my Christmas gifts with bows this year...and I tried to evenly align the wrapping paper. Weird. I know.

P.S. I just read your 100 things about you, and I LOL'ed at a few of them. I'm sitting here at work, LOLing, in my cubicle. Seriously.

(You know I only use the "LOL" phrase for effect. I really am not a 14-year-old-teenage-texter).