1. Did you date someone from your school?
Ooohahhahah...NO. There were boys I wanted to date, but...let's just say this: as I've had run-ins with most of these boys since high school, I continue to count my lucky STARS that I didn't date much in High School, let alone date someone in particular. Oh, crap. I take that back. I think I dated this one boy when I was a sophmore (who will remain nameless) for about a week. At the end of that week, I couldn't take the poor boy for one more second. After that, I just admired all attractive boys from afar. Plus, my parents succeeded in scaring off any and all other boys that tried, sooo...yep.
2. What kind of car did you drive?
Oh, that would depend on my mother's mood that morning. It was either the small, white neon, or my family's GIANT WHITE 10-passenger VAN. :) My choir teacher affectionately called it "the white buffalo"...wowee. Those were the days. :)
3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try?
Funny story. Yes. And I could parallel park like a champ. Except on the day I took my test. I choose to blame this incident on my teenage brain. There was some boy (I don't even remember who he was, to tell you the truth) who was taking the test at the same time I was (aka - we were in the same car) and he needed help with his parallel parking. He was terrified he was going to mess up. He knew I was good at it, so he asked me to help him. Ugh. So I did. I helped him pass that part of the test. And then what did I do? Oh, then he thought he could be helpful to ME when I did the parallel parking portion. Hahahah! And I actually listened to him!! Needless to say, I think our teacher could tell because he let me do it one more time, and this time I ignored silly boy altogether and did just fine. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
4. Were you a party animal?
Okay, no. :) Maybe I would have been more than I was if I had any say in the matter, but anyone who knew my parents when I was in high school pretty much knew the answer to me going anywhere or doing anything was basically a NO. You think I'm exaggerating?! HA! Unless I was hanging out with Seth Dilworth or Mike Leishman. Then I could practically get away with murder. Why? I have no idea.
5. Were you considered a flirt?
I don't think I'm even considered a flirt now, let alone back then!!! Hahah. No, I let my friends do all the flirting, I think. Maybe I did some, but it wasn't much, and it...uh...clearly didn't get me anywhere! Lol.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Oh, I was a choir girl. And loved it. That's what got me through High School, hands down!
7. Were you a nerd?
No? I don't think I was. But I guess that depends on who you asked. :) Maybe I was. Who even cares?
No? I don't think I was. But I guess that depends on who you asked. :) Maybe I was. Who even cares?
8. Were you on any varsity teams?
*Why do I hear my friends laughing already?* That would have required me to have at least one athletic bone in my body. I still avoid most sports like the plague. :)
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
Nope.
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
I remember something about "Lily White"...I could probably mumble a few more of the words if someone else got me started...
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Mr. Goldsberry, Yates, Bishop, Demonja, and Mrs. Bigler. History, English, and Music. Anything else was pretty much a nightmare. :) Especially Math...except for that one year in Geometry when I got my first (and last) "A" in math. Mr. Fairbourne performed this miracle. I still love him, to this day for that grade. :)12. Where did you sit for lunch?
Ummm...either on a bench, by someone's locker, or many times in a car as we rushed back from our trip to the Yogurt Factory. Wherever I wanted.
13. What is your school's full name?
Box Elder High School.
14. What is your school's mascot and colors?
*AHEM* We were the bees. The purple and white bees. Don't ask. I have no idea.
15. Did you go to Homecoming and if so, with whom?
Nope. :)
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
No waaaay, Jose!
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Haahahahehehhehe...for some reason, the thing I remember most is Reed Capener and his friends getting administrative "U"s for ripping open their graduation gowns and showing their superman, batman, etc. T-shirts underneath. The t-shirts were funny, yes, but they fact they couldn't get their diplomas until they physically worked off the hours for a U? *happy sigh* I thought it was a nice thing for the universe to do. :) Other than that, it was long, hot, and out on the football field. Oh. And I was in the choir and we sang John Rutter's "The Lord Bless You and Keep You." The end.18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day?
I don't even remember having one. Wait - was that the day I went to audition for a scholarship to Ricks? Probably.
19. Have you gained some weight since then?
If anyone hasn't, I want to hit them.
20. Who was your prom date?
Matt Toyn. Bless the heart of his girlfriend at the time. It was a fun night, though. I successfully ripped the hem of my dress, though, when I stepped up on the promenade. Ugh! Why was prom such a big deal?!
21. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion?
Oh heavens. No, I don't think so. Maybe. I might change my mind in the next less than 2 years, but...it sends little shivers down my spine just thinking about it.
22. Did you have a job in high school?
Yyyyeahhh...I worked at Arbys. Gimmee a break. Everybody has to start somewhere!!! :)
Yyyyeahhh...I worked at Arbys. Gimmee a break. Everybody has to start somewhere!!! :)


3 comments:
Dee..I think we would've been best friends in HS. Why? You asK....
Well, a) Choir was my best friend
b) Didn't flirt, still don't know how even with my own husband.
c) Never had a date for homecoming
d) Our HS was purple and white too...
e) we were the Wildcats, NOT the Bees. DEAL BREAKER! :-)
I totally just read this in its entirety. Laughed good and hard about wanting to hit anyone who hasn't gained weight since high school (a hearty AMEN!). I am quite certain I won't be going to the 10-year either. I've said NO since we graduated, and I haven't really had a change of heart. Although I'm very glad you and I are still in touch. Of course! :)
You sure are funny!
Post a Comment