Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Quirky Tag

The Rules:
•Link the person(s) who tagged you.
•Mention the rules on your blog.
•Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
•Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
•Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Lame. Unspectacular quirks? What will they think of next? This is like those never-ending forwards everyone emails around like free candy. :) Ahem. Kidding. Sort of. I was tagged to do this...probably months ago...umm...sorry. I forgot about it. My priority list got rearranged. Enough of that. On with duty:

  1. I can't ever eat more than about 3 or 4 spoon fulls of ice cream. Unless it's really hot, in the middle of the summer, and I have no other cooling option. I will make exceptions for BYU's chocolate ice cream with the peanut butter ripples through it...aghahaghahg. SO good. But stupid BYU isn't making it for about another year or so. Therefore, I hate them. If I ever buy ice cream, I buy the small little pint-sized ones; and even then, half the time they're freezer burnt before I can finish them. I can't explain it. I'm just that way. In fact, if everyone else is eating ice cream, I'd rather have cake or brownies. Yep. Okay.
  2. Swings are basically my favorite thing ever in all the world. I love them. Unfortunately, they are sometimes hard to find because stupid people sue after their children fall off of them and get hurt. Note to parents: keep a freaking eye on your children an let me keep the dang swings in the parks!! *Ahem* Lest you think I am a heartless, cruel single girl who doesn't care about children, blah blah blah, yada yada yada, crappity crap crap crap, let me just say I really do care about your children. That's why I suggest you watch them. :) I could sit in a swing and just go higher and higher and higher for hours on end. I tried to make my last boyfriend swing with me one time, and he played along, but I could tell the love just wasn't in his soul. That was my first red-flag. Thank goodness I got rid of that one! Hahah. :)
  3. Hmmm...let's see...I hate it when countertops, desks, and dressers are messy. Clutter makes me crazy. This doesn't mean I am never messy...it just means I hate it, so it usually doesn't last long. Also, it's not like I'm cleaning things all the time. I actually hate to deep clean, etc., though I will do it. I guess the more precise description is I like things organized. Yeah, that's better. Organized.
  4. I would rather sleep in my own bed than anywhere else. I will find any other means to leave somewhere else so I can sleep in my own bed if I am ever away and it is possible. I secretly hate sleeping on the couch, but I will do it if I have to, of course. I won't sleep well, though. I have even stooped to making ridiculous and transparent excuses before just so I can sleep in my own bed. It's a finicky thing, I know, but this calls for unspectacular quirks, does it not? Okay, then.
  5. I love love love the smell of coffee. Though I clearly do not drink it or condone the drinking of said beverage, I understand the appeal. Starbucks and other such coffeehouses will find me coming in to order hot chocolate with all kinds of different flavors in it, but I mostly go in there for the smell. I just stand in line and breathe it in. Hahha - borderline embarrassing. :) However, I did read a study once that suggested the smell of coffee alone could reduce anxiety and increase brain activity after a sleepless night. If that's true, I need a coffee candle or something. Of course, I don't remember where the study is, or anything else about it, so that could be incredibly reliable information. :)
  6. Holy crap, I love watching Food Network! I could sit there for hours on end (could being the key word) and just watch people cook. I can only do it for so long, however, before I have to walk away and make some food. Then, as I sit there eating my pb&j, I wish I cared enough to cook the awesome things they do. :) Also, I not-so-secretly love watching TLC's "What not to wear." Helllooo, I want Stacy's wardrobe. I bet she never wears anything twice. Lucky twit. (Note: I am absolutely not boasting that I know what not to wear. They could probably take me on that show and be totally justified in throwing out 90% of what I wear. *ahem* I would hide all pairs of flip-flops from them. I can't live without those!)

Oh, wahooo. There you have it. 6 very unspectacular quirks about yours truly. Isn't this fun? Okay, goodie. Now let's spread this goodness out to 6 new, unsuspecting people who will probably take 3 months to do it just like me. :) Though I think these are silly, I can't escape the guilt of not doing one. Ridiculous.

Oh. I forgot about tagging 6 more people. Uh...if you read this and would secretly like to be nominated for "what not to wear" because you want to see just how many argyle sweaters Clinton really has, then you're it. Tag. :)

3 comments:

Cali said...

I now know that I don't even know you. How can we be best friends if I don't know all these things about you? I had NO IDEA That you liked the smell of coffee. I HATE that smell. Can it still work between us? On the other hand.. I can eat a whole carton of ice cream without a problem..so that part won't be so bad... you eat a couple bites, and I'll finish it right up. But if nothing else, at least we can watch what not to wear with eachother. :) Love you.

Cali said...

Oh.. and swings make me want to puke. I don't know how this happened.

Brandon and Erica said...

Dude...I thought I was reading my OWN blog. Seriously! I love the smell of coffee and used to walk right down the Coffee Beans aisles in Colorado...though I haven't found many Coffee bean aisles at Macey's. Hmm..must not be enough people who love the smell of coffee here.

And, I will take you to the best swing park around! Seriously...they haven't taken the swings away yet...you will love it. If you want my secret Swing park list, you'll have to ask. Too risky to just post it on the comments.

And, I also love love to be organized but HATE to deep clean. You put it very nicely.

Though, I could eat ice cream for breakfast. So, that part I just don't understand. But, i think it's just because I am jealous that you don't eat a lot of ice cream...so, I will just try to make fun of you so you feel bad about your choices.