WARNING: This may make absolutely no sense to most of you. Continue to read if you wish. :)I had a conversation with a good friend once about Shepherd's Pie. The conversation wasn't ACTUALLY about shepherd's pie...or even food, actually; but the pie was the cover for the conversation. He related all the ingredients of the "pie" to our friendship/relationship...and how it was this huge conglomeration of...things...
To be honest, I still don't fully understand the analogy. (I'm not sure he did, either, but hey - that part was his idea.) However, Shepherd's Pie has now become part of my vocabulary; and most recently, a descriptive term for my life.
I've been terrible about blogging lately. This is mostly due to my life being put in a blender (looking much like the weird combination of foods IN the shepherd's pie) because of work; leaving little or no time for a normal life. It probably wouldn't make sense to anyone to try to describe what my life has been like lately. (Plus, it's far too personal for most people, I think.) It's causing all sorts of issues I can't even begin to describe. UNLESS I use the descriptive term "shepherd's pie." Say hello to confusion and strange combinations of things that usually don't go together. I can't even figure out how to describe what I'm saying without going back to rely fully on shepherd's pie.
But I figure at least my shepherd's pie isn't as bad as Rachel's was in FRIENDS. She mixed up the recipes for shepherd's pie and english trifle. All that effort, and in the end, all Ross could say was, "This tastes like FEET." Hahahah. My life doesn't taste like feet yet. (At least I hope it doesn't!) So it can't be that bad, eh? And I guess even if it ever DOES...at least there will still be people like Joey around who will eat it anyway. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment