Saturday morning I woke up excited. Why?
Because there wasn't a THING I had to do that day. Not one single solitary duty.
* happy dance*
First things first: my roommate Whitney and I hiked the Y. I used to go almost every week last summer, but don't worry - I haven't done it since then. So why not start again, right?
Yeah, climbing up a mountain is kind of hard.
I swear it was easier last summer...so clearly I have to do it once a week until it doesn't make me want to die at every other switchback.
But there we are at the top!
I love that view.
Luckily, Whit didn't have anything she had to do that day either, so what did we do the second we got home from the Y?
Uh, Seven Peaks of course.
From running shorts to swimsuit in 0 to 60 seconds.
Seriously though. Fastest change of my life!
For avid Seven Peak-ers, this isn't anything new, but the "Boomerang" is basically just a biiiiig wedgie slide. FYI.
But it's fine because you know EVERYONE is getting that same result, so it's actually that much more entertaining. :)
Then after hours and hours of summer sunshine, does it get better?
YES, my friends. It does.
Because afterward you get the best snow cone of your life because it's a bajillion degrees outside, and you eat it so fast you get a brain freeze, which causes you to neglect any desire you may have had previously to document such goodness.
But it was worth it.
The next entertaining part of the day happened when I went to the grocery store to grab a few necessities shortly thereafter.
In a shirt that apparently is the exact match for my phone cover...
Which two total strangers (both men) pointed out to me with big grins while I was still on the phone.
Embarrassing AND funny.
Give strangers appropriate silent humor response, (as I am CLEARLY on the phone) shrug shoulders, grab cilantro, exit store.
Make mental note to separate wearing of said shirt and simultaneous act of talking on phone in public.
Moving on.
We ended the most perfect day of no responsibility by watching "The Wizard of Oz" at a local outdoor amphitheater done by a cast that was actually fun to watch!
Sometimes local community theater can be...er...cheesy and a bit empty, and can make me feel like dying on the inside, but this was actually well done, and I genuinely had a great time!
The Scarecrow was the best one, though. He was hysterical!
I wanted to watch it again.
They were just cute.
NOT as cute, however, as these two little girls next to us that I creepily captured oh my phone.
It might not look like it here since they're super involved at the moment, but they kept excitedly grinning at each other throughout the whole show. They LOVED it, and it just made me have an extra good time.
"The Wizard of Oz" was my faaaavorite movie as a little girl, so watching these two just took me back to playing pretend Oz with my friends.
...under which circumstances I was always Dorothy, of course.
Mom was the Wicked Witch of the West. By default. She always made us stop playing. Clearly type-casting.
Anyway.
Seriously so much fun!
Except for the dummy in the jeans behind us.
I wanted to smack him the whole time.
But we don't talk about stupid people on happy days. :)
Especially when someone left their extra ticket at the box office, and they gave it to us for free so the whole experience was a whopping $5.
WIN. :)
Especially when someone left their extra ticket at the box office, and they gave it to us for free so the whole experience was a whopping $5.
WIN. :)



2 comments:
You DO win. Totally awesome day that I'm super jealous of. Also, buying Cilantro? I know you eat that with every meal of your life, but did you try that "recipe" I gave you yet? I'm dying to hear your thoughts. For some reason sharing of good food really REALLY makes me happy! haha! Love you dearly cous. :)
oh man i want a day where I don't have anything I have to do! that sounds sooo nice. I miss going to seven peaks and my pass of all passes...
So is your job this summer not gonna load up your summer like the efy job? if so, i'm even more sad i'm not there to enjoy your less stressful summer with you
Post a Comment