Monday, June 18, 2012

Bowling-Biking League Extraordinaire

Prepare to be slammed with pure awesomeness.
...because a freezing cold DeeAura in a bike helmet meant for someone else is REALLY a sigh to behold.
Gross.
We DO look good, though.

Over Memorial Day weekend, (You're overcome with my prompt blogging now, I know. But we've discussed this mannny times.) most of my family and I went out to our favorite place in the middle of nowhere to enjoy some dirt roads, sagebrush, and cows.

This magical place is known to about 100 people and many more herds of cattle as Grouse Creek, Utah.
Unless you hunt deer or have ever been really really really really REALLY lost on your way back from California or Nevada, you've never been there.
I promise.

And, contrary to the TWO non-believers (both male, I might add) who accused me of making up such a place, 
IT DOES EXIST. PROOF:

So anyway. Moving on.
(Coulda saved a whole lot of time and space on this post if you'd just believed me in the first place.)

We biked through wind, rain, and freezing temperatures.
I'm still a child on the inside because I think helmets look goofy, even if they save lives. 
You're welcome, mom.

As a family, sometimes we wonder how the other people feel.
We imagine it's difficult to accept our incredibility.

So last weekend, we decided to wow the thriving metropolis of Brigham City with our bowling SKILLS.
Brigham's on the map too. Check it and just start believing me, m'kay?

Everyone was so intimidated by our abilities, we had the whole bowling alley to ourselves.
EXCELLENT.
Bumpers were involved.
Blood was shed.
Some people forgot to wear socks.
Scores were meant for golf.
Teasing was merciless.
All in all, an overwhelming WIN for our crazy clan.

McDonalds soft serve afterward? YES.
Making faces in the ice cream and laughing like it was 3 a.m.?
Duh.

And then we went on more bike rides.
Still - cows. Apparently we're big on cattle for company.
 I might be biased, but I just think Brigham is such a homey little place.
 My family is a load of fun, just FYI. 

For all our future spouses...we apologize in advance for all the fart jokes at dinner.
You'll fit in much better if you just give in and laugh with us.

You may not last long otherwise.
Tough crowd. :) 

2 comments:

Carla said...

1. The fact that helmets weren't really invented/required/used until I was like 7 is my reasoning for forever feeling stupid in them. I didn't grow up with them. And that makes a lot of things weird.

2. You're gorgeous. That may be weird coming from a girl, but you probably don't hear it as much as you should. So.. I'm telling you, you're gorgeous. Get out there and work it! With your bike helmet ;)

Adam and Brooke said...

Brigham is a homey place! Isn't it wonderful? And I love your bike rides, makes me wanna go on one.