Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My boss just gave me an entire package of oreos and I just want to eat them all.

TANGLED comes out on DVD on March 29th. I think I'll make a paper chain to help me make it to that day in one piece. I plan on watching it like I listen to new songs on the radio: on repeat until I totally and completely ruin the experience for myself. Hahah, kidding. Sort of.



Funny story: Sometimes, when people are driving down the freeway, they should probably not stick their head out the window with glasses on to chuck junk food at passers-by. Bahahahahhaha....the simple physics of the situation alone is just a death sentence for the poor glasses. RIP at mile-marker 95, Braden's glasses. I'm sorry I'm still laughing...repeatedly...at your sad, sad demise. :) I wish I'd gone to Vegas with all of you. Hahha. But instead I did the right thing this weekend. Even though I missed out on the actual sighting of this event. I worked instead of played. That's right. I'm a friggin' dedicated employee.

I pat my own back on a regular basis. JK. But it sure sounds like I do... :)


As if you needed further proof I don't always deserve a pat on the back, there was this one time this weekend when I said something not nice instead of something nice and then I tried to make up for it and I think I might have just made it worse. Thumper would have been sorely disappointed in me. Ew ew ew, I hate being imperfect. * sigh *

And speaking of imperfections...

Dear Faux-Hawk sporting, $$$ jeans wearing, blow-pop sucking, shoulder-shrugging, wanna-be landlord:

I would like to thank you here and now for helping me further appreciate guys who can actually carry on an intelligent conversation without making me want to DIE of disgust overload.

UN. BELIEVABLE. This works for you??? Oh. Probably because you have so much money you don't even know what to do with it. Walking away: now. I can't remember the last time I've wanted out of someone's presence that badly. I was afraid of saying something I would ultimately regret. Lately my stupid mouth (thank you, John Mayer) has been threatening my sanity, so keeping it shut was a really good idea. He should thank me.

I know, I know. "If you judge others, you have no time to love them." Uh...that's okay. I don't really need to love him...he's 29 and smacks on his blow-pop while trying to sell me something. Not impressed. Also no, it's not okay for you to keep a room at our house if you want us to rent from you. Creep.

Crap. Remember my imperfect reference? Clearly I need more of a desire to improve upon this quality. :)

Which, come to think of it, I actually don't have anything specifically against faux hawks. If it's just barely there, it's actually kind of hot. Have I lived in Provo too long? Hmmm.....

For the record, blow pop dude's OOC faux hawk was only the beginning of his downfall. The hair alone would have been fine.

Sincerely, DeeAura's opinion

Um, if you're still reading after all that ranting...I really learned a couple really great things this past weekend. Prayers are 1000% answered, did you know? Despite my ever-present imperfections, I know I won't always be this way. hahah. But I'll share those next post so they don't get lost in all the natural man seeping into the rest of this post. :)

P.S. But I will mention that President Monson's biography, "To The Rescue" is INCREDIBLE. We'll talk more about that later. And by "we," I mean I'll probably write about it at some point and the four people still reading my blog these days will be kind enough to read it. :)

Thank you, four readers. I love you. "You are a lone reed...."

Ooooo, now I wanna go watch that movie...

I think I'm still delirious from that one hour of sleep I lost this weekend. Thank you, daylight "savings"....

7 comments:

Jordyn said...

Yes you ARE a friggin dedicated employee, and thank goodness for that because training would've been a lot less enjoyable for me without you :)

the ginabean said...

Dude! I bought 2 boxes of Thin Mint cookies, fully expecting myself to share with...SOMEONE...and I've already consumed an entire box BY MYSELF. -It's not as if I horked them down in no time flat; it took me at least a full week to hork 'em down. But still; I'm a lil disappointed in myself.

But I'm pretty sure I'm not sorry enough to seriously consider sharing box #2...

Also. ALSO! I've got "Tangled" on my phone calendar for March 29 (that's two weeks from today!) to remind me to buy it. Exactly after work. Or probably on my lunch break, let's be honest. Might just be the cutest show ever. (It's currently tied with "Despicable Me" and that's saying something if I put it anywhere NEAR that movie!)

As for the faux hawks...I am abhorrently against them in anyone above the age of, say, 4 years. Ish. There was this one guy in my singles branch a couple of years ago whose faux hawk defied physics; it. was. HUGE! Somehow reminded me of Rock-a-Doodle, but all pointy instead of wavy. No bueno.

I like you. And I like me.

Do you love how I just did an entire blog post in the comments section of YOUR blog? Wow.zer.

Cheers?

Mindy said...

You are welcome {for me being one of your four readers, that is}. ;)

Brandon and Erica said...

You must have 5 readers, because I think you forgot to include me. I know I don't say much on these ol' parts of town, you know..in the comments section.

My philosophy = be "in" the blogosphere, but not "of" the blogosphere :) ha. I kid.

In other news, I would like to make the paper chain countdown for "Tangled" too.

Crystal Kelly said...

You're a winner! You're a winner! :) Check it:
http://skittlebugblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-lovely-blog.html

Adam and Brooke said...

I'm a reader. I am your friend. I love you. I miss you. I want to watch Tangled with you one day.

Carla said...

Ummm can i book a square on the couch to watch tangled with you?

Also, I had a not so nice week last week too. It was like when Meg Ryan in "you've got mail" all of sudden can think of zingers. And then of course I had to teach a sunday school lesson on speaking idly (life is cruel...).