"...It's falling that's teaching me to fly...so come on precaution, take a step aside."
Yep. Totally agree with that.
It's just that sometimes I'll get going, and I start to gain some serious speed...
And I freak. out.
And slam on the brakes.
I just need to catch my breath; gather my courage, so to speak.
But then the momentum is gone.
And chances are, I'm gonna get stuck wherever I stopped.
In a foot of powder.
(...metaphorically speaking, of course. I never get stuck in powder...)
I mean...if there's one thing I've learned this winter from learning to snowboard, it's that you can't stop.
You have to get up every time you fall, you have to let go of your fears: completely.
Because it's when you let the fear of falling get to you that you actually FALL.
And you have to be brave enough to really get some speed under you, or...well...fail. :)
Crazy how that works, right?
But...then there's that temptation to regret slowing down.
Regret being afraid or not having courage enough the first time around.
Or the 28th time around.
However you wanna look at it.
But I love that rush of going forward, and the reward that comes when you really LAND it.
I'm NOT afraid.
I'm not a pansy.
I get up every time I fall down.
It's the only way you'll ever get better at whatever it is you're trying to DO.
Falling down doesn't mean you're not going to be good at it!
It just means you're still learning.
Part of the process.
So tell me exactly why I'm still fighting off those moments...
Are they part of life? Absolutely.
But don't you just WISH sometimes that they didn't affect you?
As in...if only you had just a little more faith...
or courage..
But let's be honest.
It can either stop you from doing something amazing...
or it can be the thing you decide to stick it to so you can do something amazing ANYWAY.
Sooo...just...focus, right? Just go. Breathe it in, and GUN it 'til you're going...GONE.
Got it.
...I think...

No comments:
Post a Comment