I don't know why I speak in third-person sometimes.
Also, as I was driving to Wal-mart tonight (I know, I know. I hate it too. A necessary evil.) Anyway, I digress. I was driving on the back roads, and all of a sudden, a house I pass all the time appeared on my left, all lit up in Christmas lights, and I immediately had a "Miracle on 34th" moment where I'm pretty sure that was my dream house, but I never knew it until I saw it with Christmas lights and a wreath in every window, and I swear to you the people inside were eating pie and drinking eggnog in all their holiday perfection. * sigh *
And clearly that's not the house I saw. It was completely dark, and the house was so much bigger. And with more lights. But the wreaths are pretty accurate. I want it. The house.
I don't know what happened to me today. Haha. Oops.
Uh...sidenote...as I googled pictures of Christmas houses, I found THIS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuniochi/2163760827
Truly heinous. That's just...superfluous. And not okay.
...But I sort of can't stop looking at it.
Moving on...
Also, I want new skis. No, really. I don't think you understand how much I want them. Last Friday, I went skiing after about a 2-year hiatus. It was great and all, but let's talk for just a second about how DeeAura was trying to be frugal with all the equipment buying after purchasing a season pass. I found some skis at the DI. No, you read that right. And yeah, they're old, but they didn't appear to be all the worse for the wear, so...$5 skis, yes please. Then I found some ski boots on KSL for pretty cheap, so...voila, right?
Frugal Dee reigns!!
WRONG. Wrong wrong wrong.
After a half day on those babies, I wanted to accidentally snap them in half. A big two thumbs down to my money-saving ventures this time around! Angry DeeAura. But it was great to be on the mountain! I'm going again tomorrow, but rest assured I rented some new skis for a day instead of running the risk of swearing like a pirate all day long. (Not that I do that. Ever. But if I spent another day on those crappy $5 skis? It's a risk I wasn't willing to repeat.) $20 later, I will spend the day with happy thoughts in my head. :)
Yeah, okay, I'm done now because if I kept going with all the things I want, this post would be longer than this run-on sentence is and that would just be embarrassing to have two ridiculously long posts one right after the other and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you can try to read the post below, but I'm betting you'll lose focus about halfway through unless you really connect with the subject and you don't mind the fact that I love black and white films and occasionally relate them to my life.
Dee, out.




1 comment:
i LOVE, love, LOVE your "what about bob" reference :) And your choices in fine ski wear :) Love you!
Post a Comment