Monday, September 27, 2010

The Dirty Dash kicked my...trash. :)


Welcome to my first 10K.  Welcome to the first time I have ever actually swam through mud.  That's right.  I have never been so gross in my entire life!  BUT it was CRAZY FUN!  Okay, yes, I was sore afterward.  In fact, I thought I never wanted to move again for the next few hours.

...I mean days.

At least.

I could most definitely get a better time in a road race, but honestly, this was awesome.  (Okay, minus the REALLY SMELLY, disgusting swamp where you could sink down to your knees if you weren't careful...or if you were...and I felt like we were running uphill most of the time...phew!)

The showers were like ICE afterward, but all I could think about was how to get all the mud OFF of me as soon as possible.  A brainfreeze or two later, I was sort of rinsed off...good enough to go home, at least.

There's apparently another one in the spring, and that one is rumored to only be a 5K, which I think is a phenomenal idea.  Do it, people.  DO IT!

Also: I might be dating the coolest, most attractive man on the planet, who might have come up for the race and actually wasn't embarrassed to be seen with muddy, disgusting DeeAura.  Can we say big time points?  Okay, then.  That's all the blog world needs to know about that.  :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Really, Deedra? FINE PRINT?!!! It's a good thing we've already talked about this or I would be very mad right now!

Jenny said...

hahaha stinky DeeAura.... stinky DeeAura and her silly small print. :)

DeeAura said...

Leave me and my silly small print alone! ;)

Amanda said...

Way to go Dee!! I would love to know more about this situation we have here in fine print. But I'm nosy... Hopefully details will come later! :)