So I get these emails from BYU every now and again with reports on new studies being published, etc. The most recent one caught my attention, due to its School of Family Life focus, so instead of deleting it, I read the overview. It actually is interesting, and talks about the importance of sibling influence, etc.
You can read it here if you're interested.
After reading said article, my eyes drifted to the bottom of the page where my new best friend Joel had left his comment. Only...I didn't even register that it was a comment until...well...
hahha...just read it.
Brothers Give Siblings Benefits Too
9/2/2010 9:51 AM by Joel
In a sister study (no pun intended) about the effect of brothers in families, it was found that having a brother--even a younger brother--makes girls less annoying to their boyfriends.
"Turns out girls with brothers are less whiney, and don't giggle as much as girls with only sisters," another professor observed.
The boyfriends of girls with only sisters reported much higher levels of annoyance with their girlfriends than did the boyfriends of girls with a brother.
One boyfriend commented, "My ex-girlfriend, who had no sisters, freaked out when I gave her noogies, but my current girlfriend has five older brothers and she loves it!"
Besides being more tolerant of noogies, girls with brothers also are less disgusted by flatuence and burping. Consequently, boyfriends dating girls with brothers report fewer stomachaches.
Levels of "cattiness" and time spent in the bathroom were also significantly lower in girls who had brothers.
"The scripture might say neither is the brother without the sister, neither the sister without the brother in the Lord," says the professor in charge of the study.
In yet a third study, siblings whose parents work either in accounting or insurance have boring personalities.
6 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA... THIS is funny... and I like you.
Bwhahaha!
ha ha ha... you wanna see what made me laugh so hard today. Maybe it's best if you're a UNC fan, but I think you'll still get the point.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/748a0362df/hitler-is-told-about-the-unc-ncaa-investigation?rel=player&ref=nf
lol I love this. :) And I love you! Miss you girly, hope things are going well!
I am so glad I found your blog! This post is hilarious.
ps- your blog is ADORABLE.
Um, hilarious post!! Even Curt liked hearing the results of this study. You crack me up and I miss your face a lot!!
Post a Comment