
Story time. Get comfortable. I would like to title this moment in my life:
"The Bookmarks"
*Ahem.*
All winter long, I've been waiting for the sun to come back out, and I'm glad to say, my friends, it has. :) Summertime is approaching, and if it's anything like last summer, that means I am about to say goodbye to all free time. So when Jess asked if I wanted to road trip it to Arizona last weekend, my answer? A thousand times, YES.
After leaving Provo at the very early hour of midnight, we drove all night long (stopping only once for about half an hour to sleep at the side of the road) we finally made it to the sunny beautiful sights of Scottsdale, Arizona. As a side note, I would have to say the most hilarious time of night is about 2:30-3:00 a.m. Anyway. :) As soon as we pulled in, it was time for swimming. Not sleeping. Who drives that long just to sleep when there's sunshine, water, and palm trees?? That's what I thought. And it was glorious! After I don't even know how many hours of swimming and reading and falling asleep in the sun, we managed to make it back inside. Now is when I insert the ridiculous.
You will need to keep in mind that at one point of this glorious combination of sun and water, I was particularly engrossed in my book. (It's very good.) That's what happens to me when I have access to a lounge chair. Must. Read. Book. This could be viewed as somewhat of a problem...but I choose to view it as a highly sought-after quality. :) The only down-fall is my inability to put the book down until I finish it.
Results came when we went back inside to get cleaned up and ready for the rest of the day. I looked down at my legs, and what do you think I saw? Oh, a very defined outlook of my book. YUP. The way I'd been sitting while reading, if I sat or stood with my knees together, there was a book-sized shape surrounded by my fresh tan/sunburn.
Ugh. Why can't I just be COOL?!?!?!? :)
A lifelong quest, yet to be achieved. :) Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture until it had faded somewhat so it wasn't as dramatic. I'm so very sorry to make you miss out on that sight.
It would take a post longer than anyone would ever want to read to tell all the downright hilarious things that happened on this Arizona trip. Plus, they're better in person with facial expressions anyway. :) The only thing I haven't said that really SHOULD be said is that Megan Rowe is an incredible host. WOW! We should all take lessons. Also, she makes a mean PB & J. Oh, and cafe rio salad. Except hers is better.
Also, I choose to not be in a car for that many hours straight for a while. Like at least another month or so. However, I could be tempted if the trip involved anything else Arizona-related.
The end.

7 comments:
2:30-3:00...I can attest to that. ;) so many things become hilarious!
I think your cool, I would think you were cooler if you had a great picture of the book on your thighs hehe
let's take a trip somewhere warm when it's freezing and I'm sad
and I will be sad come winter
I'm so sad you didn't take a picture right away! At least you get exciting sunburns, though. I just have my constant watch tan line. It will always be with me.
How disappointing. You have been my definition of cool for the last three years. That means I will have to be re-evaluating a lot ... Curses.
I can't believe you came to Arizona and didn't tell me!!!!! Our friendship is on hold until further notice...
Thanks for coming to AZ! Sometimes when I leave I like to yell "Zona Zona Zona Zonaaa!" Whenever I order ribs from now on I will think of a certain waiter...
Jess, Jess, Jeeeessss, Jess, JEEEEEESSSS, Jess... JEEEEESSSSS.
Post a Comment