We watched this last night. It might be the second time I've watched it this week. Oopsie. :) But really...I want to live in that lantern village. Angela was watching it with me, and decided this scene is how she would like to be proposed to. I think this is a phenomenal idea, especially if Flynn Rider is proposing to me. Does this sound off because he's an animation? :) Don't care. Just take a second and enjoy that all over again...
I got a haircut yesterday. :) It feels so GOOD. It's a little darker, too. FYI: never ever ever pay a discounted amount to someone who has never done your hair. You'll just end up paying more later.
General Conference is this weekend, and I literally could not be more excited. I love this time of year. Plus, I get to go home and be with my family. Dad: pretty please make pancakes tomorrow morning? I've missed those. :)
In the past month, I have bought a SWEET new bed, a beautiful new kitchen table and chairs, and I found a bomb dresser on KSL to repaint and re-do. Furniture shopping is so much fun! Now I just need a cool table/desk for my room. I'll post pictures as soon as everything is delivered and set up. I'm SO excited for my new room. :) AND my new walk-in closet.
It makes me so giddy. :)
But never fear, I listened to President Uchtdorf's talk from last conference this morning for motivation and a good reminder, so...back on track: NOW. How has this talk not gotten old to me yet? I love it. Every word.
P.S. I got a new scripture journal last week, and I'm reeeeeaaallllyyy excited. I'll write about that soon. Oh, do you think that sounds like a boring post? It won't be. Trust me. :)
I read this article last week about Optimism in a BYU Wellness Newsletter, and it changed a lot of my perspective. I'd share it now, but I have to run. I'll put it up as soon as I'm home. I thought it was great, and I'm working on that whole implementation thing. :) Everybody could use a good dose of extra optimism, right? But until then, I'll just say what they said:
I got a haircut yesterday. :) It feels so GOOD. It's a little darker, too. FYI: never ever ever pay a discounted amount to someone who has never done your hair. You'll just end up paying more later.
General Conference is this weekend, and I literally could not be more excited. I love this time of year. Plus, I get to go home and be with my family. Dad: pretty please make pancakes tomorrow morning? I've missed those. :)
In the past month, I have bought a SWEET new bed, a beautiful new kitchen table and chairs, and I found a bomb dresser on KSL to repaint and re-do. Furniture shopping is so much fun! Now I just need a cool table/desk for my room. I'll post pictures as soon as everything is delivered and set up. I'm SO excited for my new room. :) AND my new walk-in closet.
It makes me so giddy. :)
Now, on to running. Remember that half marathon coming up in my future? As in: MAY? Ayeaeyae....TIME is killin me here, folks!
I have to keep running. I only ran twice in the past week because work is starting to pull me into slavery mode (It's okay, I know what I signed up for. I'm just...saying.) and I keep running out of personal time. I'm running crazy, but...hahah. It just seems like more of the running is done in heels these days, and...I should probably just start wearing flats...or my running shoes to work. :)But never fear, I listened to President Uchtdorf's talk from last conference this morning for motivation and a good reminder, so...back on track: NOW. How has this talk not gotten old to me yet? I love it. Every word.
P.S. I got a new scripture journal last week, and I'm reeeeeaaallllyyy excited. I'll write about that soon. Oh, do you think that sounds like a boring post? It won't be. Trust me. :)
I read this article last week about Optimism in a BYU Wellness Newsletter, and it changed a lot of my perspective. I'd share it now, but I have to run. I'll put it up as soon as I'm home. I thought it was great, and I'm working on that whole implementation thing. :) Everybody could use a good dose of extra optimism, right? But until then, I'll just say what they said:
Cultivate Optimism.
You won't regret it.
***Update: Here's the newsletter. It's really on Happiness. It's great. (happiness and the newsletter, of course...) Anyway. Have at it. :)
***Update: Here's the newsletter. It's really on Happiness. It's great. (happiness and the newsletter, of course...) Anyway. Have at it. :)



8 comments:
I like you a lot. Just sayin'.
Hi. Four things.
1, enjoy conference from the comfort of home while you can. Enough said :)
2, I think you just inspired me to go running. Right now. It's too beautiful not to today.
3, I, too, just listened to Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. Much needed.
4, I can't wait for your post on your scripture journal. REALLY.
Okay, five things.
5, DSo you have a link to that optimism article? I'd love to read it.
Love you!
Oohhhhh hi. You wrote you'd share the article when you get home. Duh!
It's there now for you, Katie dear! :) And Michelle: I like you too. A lot!
Thanks for always sharing truly uplifting things Deeaura! I can always count on your blog to make me feel better!
Why does that song make me cry?!?! I love it!
Oh my heck! I bought Tangled as soon as I had a break last Tuesday! HOORAY! I LOVE that movie! And it just made me so happy I could almost cry that it's a musical. A musical done well! (Oh my, that Mandy Moore's got a set of pipes! And whoever it is that Flynn Rider is? SWOON!) PS I discovered over the weekend that it's actually "Disney's Tangled." Yes, yes, I always knew that it was Disney who made it, but my 4 year old nephew Marshall insists that he (and EVERYONE, quite frankly) call it by its proper name which is: Disney's Tangled. Now you know. :)
And oh my goodness! Wasn't this just about the most fantastic General Conference EVER? I actually got to go to the Saturday PM session. It was my first time ever, and it was amazing. I love the brethren so dang much!!!
I'm totally going to read your thoughts on GC, but kind of need to get ready for work, like, right now. (sigh)
what I got most out of this blog is I really could go for some pancakes. Even IHOP pancakes... they don't do pancakes here...sigh
Post a Comment