Monday, December 14, 2009

All I really ever wanted for Christmas...




Maybe I'm behind where I should be. But for the first time, maybe in my life, I recently realized that I truly do not want anything for Christmas. It's not that I don't need anything; or that I couldn't write a wish list.

It's just that it hit me more than ever this year that the real reason for our celebration this year...and every year...is that Jesus Christ, the savior of all mankind, came to the earth - was born, lived, and gave his own life - for us. He came in humble and yet glorious and miraculous circumstances. He lived a life devoted to teaching us how to live...how to truly be happy. And then he suffered the pains and afflictions of every human soul so that it might be possible for us to return and live again with the loving Heavenly Father of us all who is God.

His birth, His life, His sacrifice, is everything I need. This time of year is a reminder to me and to us all of the beginning of that life and love that will enable us to have every needful thing. That knowledge keeps growing within me...and I only want more than anything to give everyone I know even just a piece of that for Christmas this year.
I know He is real. I know he came for us. I know He loves me, and that He loves all of us. Because of Him...I have every needful thing. He is the great hope of mankind; the Savior and redeemer of our souls. He came as every other child comes - and yet has the ability to change our lives beyond any one person we will ever know. How grateful I am for that night so long ago!
“For behold, God knowing all things, being from everlasting to everlasting, behold, he sent angels to minister unto the children of men, to make manifest concerning the coming of Christ; and in Christ there should come every good thing…. Wherefore, by the ministering of angels and by every word which proceeded forth out of the mouth of God, men began to exercise faith in Christ; and thus by faith, they did lay hold upon every good thing; and thus it was until the coming of Christ.” – Moroni 7:22, 25

He is real. He does love us, and we have every reason to rejoice!
Merry Christmas. :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Dee, just what I needed to hear :) It seems like every year, on Christmas day when all the presents are unwrapped and all the neighbor gifts are handed out and all the yummy food is consumed, I feel a little like I wasn't focused enough on the CHRIST part of Christmas. This year I am trying so hard to truly remember and ponder the real reason we celebrate this wonderful time. I too am so grateful for a loving Savior who gave us all the most selfless and wonderful gift we could EVER receive: His Life!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for helping me with my CHRISTmas perspective. Love ya sister.

Erica said...

Thank you. Thank you for your testimony and example to me. I'm so blessed to have you as a friend. Your words are a wonderful reminder to me.

Allyson said...

Love this post. I feel the same way this year...funny how things change when we truly understand why we're here.:)

My list used to reach to the moon.:)

xoxo

Crystal Kelly said...

DeeAura. I loved this post. I love reminders of what Christmas is really about. Love you. :)