Oh, how I love my girls! Last summer, there was this one day when we were all in our giant YPM van, driving to Sunset or Carthage or something heavenly like that, and the subject of our wardrobe came up. For those who don't know, for all our time in Nauvoo except for Sundays and on Preparation Days when we'd go to Keokuk (usually) for groceries, we had to wear all pioneer clothing. This included the layers of petticoats and last but not least, the pantaloons. :) We decided we needed something to keep us all in touch for the rest of our lives...hahha...and the conversation turned to a favorite chick flick on that topic, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." It's silly and corny and all sorts of stuff, but we all immediately ran with the idea. We would be the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantaloons. Hahah. :) It was perfect. We were sister missionaries whose one common piece of pioneer clothing was our pantaloons! Lol. Our original plan was to make a pair of pantaloons and literally mail it around with a quick update of what happened while we had them for our "turn." Unfortunately, I was the one who said I would make these pantaloons, and...ummm...my "domestic" skills + lack of a sewing machine + lack of time = that never happened. Entirely my fault. The other part of our plan was to have this pair we would wear in our wedding pictures whenever any of us got married. We were all instantly taken with the idea. So, when our Amy Elbert got married just this past May, Sis. Pulsipher (now Katie Brown!) and her mom made this beautiful pair of pantaloons, and we all got together and put together a package that included the pantaloons to mail to Amy in Wisconsin just in time for her to get married in Nauvoo. :) I think it's fitting that Pulse made them...she is the most domestic of all of us, after all. :) So since then, Katie got married, and yes; both of them have supplied us with wedding pantaloon pictures. It's only the greatest thing ever. :) It is a tradition to be continued on with the next being our Sadie when she gets married in December! Woohoo!!! :)
Anyway. When we all heard the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 was coming to theaters this summer, we laughed and said we should all go to it together. I think it was a semi-joke at first, but we actually did it!! It's always so much FUN to get together with everyone! We're terrible at leaving each other once we actually get together, so it always turns out to be a really late night, but it's always just good for my soul to be with these girls! Even getting together and going to a silly movie is the best thing ever as long as it's with my sisters. :) Also, it was definitely a "you had to be there" moment, but I've never laughed harder at a more inappropriate time at a more inappropriately placed comment by Megan REES, of all people, than I did that night. I hope we are still doing these silly things until maybe forever. :)
1 comment:
Hello friend!! That's so cute that you saw that movie all together :) I really want to see it...I just have to convince someone to go with me! (Not likely to be Curt) No, he's pretty good about watching girl movies with me. It just takes some persuasion :) Anyway, Curt really loved that your memory of us is when you almost decided to sever our ties of friendship because of a silly joke! Tee hee hee, I'm glad you have a sense of humor! Love your guts! And I miss them too...
Post a Comment